Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 384455 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #2670 on: November 16, 2019, 04:16:20 PM »
Last week I found this auction on ebay and decided to give it a try. And I won this auction:

13 vehicles & creatures from the 90's. This was one awesome package of nostalgia!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2671 on: November 16, 2019, 10:10:08 PM »
Reason #104 why I'm staying single lol.  I'm pretty good about not spending a whole lot on figures, but diorama materials, I can drop a Hundo at the hobby shop no problem.

This post made my day JD! Very true. Oh, and that's a good point. Materials can take quite some cash, too...
If I could actually find figures in the stores, I'd probably spend a lot more.  My wallet thanks you Hasbro. I just buy on eBay now. I got a noho a'pakk to round out my Ewoks, the last I used for a custom. The only one I'm missing outside of the comic pack (repaints) is Lumat. He/she whatever is going for like $50. No thanks.

Nice win on that auction.  I don't generally go for big vehicles but those are not bad.  I've been wanting a T-16 for a long time, just never got around to it.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 10:14:06 PM by JDeck »

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #2672 on: November 16, 2019, 11:54:19 PM »
"If I could actually find figures in the stores, I'd probably spend a lot more.  My wallet thanks you Hasbro. I just buy on eBay now..."

Welcome to the club 0/ its really the only way to go in this day and age cuz even if you find stuff in stores they are constantly now hiking the prices... But you just wait a bit and BAM you can get lots for a song... And/or better yet you'll find the same stuff eventually @ discount chains.

Speaking of which I've gotten 2 cases of the last SOLO wave recently from 5bellow, and the BS Rex wave (always missing him  :'( BUT I do have the hasCON version so nothing to cry about) with all the good army builders.

Burlington is in full x-mas SOLO swing so I got multiples of the last 2-packs and the TIE and the 4-pack.

Its because of stuff like this that I haven't even thought twice about buying anything from or since Force Friday... Its a true why bother? I collect what I can get when I can get it. Just like when I was a kid (then teen) hunting for SW from the early 90's to early 2000's

Also went easy @ RI-CON only got and spent as little as possible: Loose yarua $2.50, loose CW Shaak ti $2.50, POTJ master of the dark side 2-pack and SAGA Imperial forces multipack $10 each new in  :-\ packages.

But the best was meeting Jan Duursema. She was sooo cool. Got 2 signed prints ($10 total!) of Quinlan Vos and Darth Maul. Even flat out gave me her own personal copy of marvel #108 from her purse! (also signed it). And some other random signed swag of her new stuff she's doing. Had a great long conversation with her about everything... Character origins, legacy being erased, Darth Talon almost being in the Sequel Trilogy (she had no idea!?! Crazy), Aayla Secura becoming primary cannon. Etc. Craziest thou was she off hand remarked that "Hasbro sent me BOXES of figures and they're just sitting around still" my eyes lit up when she mentioned that, she had no clue that some of those figures... As WE know are $$$$... "so maybe I should sell them" I was like: Bring them to a con, put them out! And Sign them too! She really liked that idea soo hopefully that happens for her and the sake of her fans. Since I can tell she really loves SW and I know I'm not the only one that misses her perfectionism.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 01:03:08 AM by (SID) »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2673 on: November 18, 2019, 03:22:49 PM »
I was hungry so I went to the store to pick up some junk food, pizza, ice cream and Mt dew blasting Beastie Boys on the radio. Hells yeah! Then stopped by Target to get the Target Exclusive Special Action Figure Set, Cave Of Evil. I was going to pass on this set, but I got to thinking, it could be the beginnings of a cool project. Maybe a Dagobah diorama, with multiple scenes incorporated. I'm gonna have to jump on that after my Ewok Village.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 03:51:12 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2674 on: November 19, 2019, 04:02:59 AM »
Nice set, might have to pick that up.

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #2675 on: November 26, 2019, 11:43:40 AM »
Five Below score!

I bought these primarily for the orange cargo containers so there may be some containerless tanks added to my Swap Shop soon.
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2676 on: November 27, 2019, 10:21:21 PM »
 :D I got my AMT/ERTL Encounter with Yoda on Dagobah model kit. It's in 3.75 scale, even though the figures it comes with are more like 6" scale.  It needs modifications, but it's baddass.  My next project.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 10:30:49 PM by JDeck »

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #2677 on: November 28, 2019, 12:49:38 AM »
Awesome JD! I also have this set on my watch list on the bay...But by the time I get to build a Dagobah dio it's probably cheaper do 3D-print it myself lol...I will rather enjoy seeing you build it. It's gonna be lots of fun for sure! Awesome score!  0/

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2678 on: November 28, 2019, 11:02:41 AM »
Awesome JD! I also have this set on my watch list on the bay...But by the time I get to build a Dagobah dio it's probably cheaper do 3D-print it myself lol...I will rather enjoy seeing you build it. It's gonna be lots of fun for sure! Awesome score!  0/
Here in the US model kits aren't very popular, so I got this for less than $20usd. I always looked over it, until I realized it was 3.75 scale. I saw a guy on YouTube that customized one inside and out. It was amazing! I think I'll just do the outside.  yosab

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2679 on: November 29, 2019, 07:44:39 PM »
Looks like Dan likes Five Below. Awesome scores.

I like the Degobah abode too. Just ordered the Best Buy Heavy Mando. Guess it doesn't count yet.

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #2680 on: December 03, 2019, 07:41:36 PM »
That Encounter with Yoda Is incredible. Seen lots of mods with it the last 2 decades. Lots of cool parts. Always looking for more inspiration for mine )(that I've still got sealed in box for many years now)... I cannot decide what to do with all the parts since I want to cast stuff too.

Man I hope everyone can find all the RO tanks they want this X-mas. I've waited enviously since seeing it on display (exploded view) @ hasCON to own one+ but that $80 MSRP is mental illness. Even under $30 it felt crazy.
I just hope us collectors can enjoy the spoils on this mistake. I know when I see them it will be hard not to buy every one... Even if $10 @ $5 store is strange/annoying 😂

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2681 on: December 13, 2019, 01:36:54 PM »
So cool:

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2682 on: December 18, 2019, 02:18:56 PM »
Holy three toed sloth of ice planet Hoth! My Walmart actually had star wars figures. They had all the TFF figures well except for Yavin Luke. But they had Skiff guard Lando. I told myself I wouldn't get this figure unless I found it in  the wild. Because it's not noticably different from Sandstorm Lando. Being the awesome guy I am I bought the one with the worst looking card, because I am an opener.  I would have gotten Zorii and Ren Knight  just for custom fodder, but I unexpectedly had to drop $300 into my car this morning. One figure is enough for today.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 02:21:01 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2683 on: December 19, 2019, 04:03:10 AM »
Nice to see some folks are finding some stuff in the wild. I saw some of those gold figures, but meh!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2684 on: December 19, 2019, 07:55:04 PM »
The only one of those gold figures I'd get, would be maybe 3po, then paint the details. I haven't seen the gold figures, or the shipper with skiff. My wm is the absolute worst. Well Tuckahoe is pretty bad too, maybe worse. My Walmart will get the skiff in February probably.