Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 384430 times)

Offline ImperialOfficer

• Lieutenant
  • All Hail the Empire!
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #2430 on: June 23, 2018, 03:05:59 PM »
Today I went to a local toy comic expo, and I hot a lot of stuff. Everything pictured cost $90 total. I recieved the loose clones in a trade. Also, does anyone know how to fix the joint on the at st? It broke about a minute after opening :'(

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2431 on: June 24, 2018, 04:38:22 AM »
Wow lots of cool stuff. Great finds.

I think Clint or someone had a fix for that leg joint around here somewhere. If the pics are still there (photobucket changed their policies). It is a big problem with that particular vehicle. There might even be some parts on eBay for that.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2432 on: July 13, 2018, 08:57:33 AM »

Got my 6" Wolffes and then Fed Ex gave me a nice gift from Hasbro; all of their Star Wars SDCC Exclusives!

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #2433 on: July 13, 2018, 12:53:42 PM »
@ImperialOfficer: Nice finds from the expo! I'm sorry for the broken joint. If you know a dental technician near you, I'm sure he/she can help you.

I would fix it like this:

Please, read completely before following the steps and consider if this instruction is an option for you.

1. Use super glue to fix the joint (done - your broken part is successfully repaired! But it won't last for long...)
2. Mix a two component silicone rubber to make an impresion/mold of the now fixed part.
3. Check the mold if the imoression is authentic. Break the part again. Yes, break it.
4. Take a dremel or sandpaper to reduce just a little bit of the plastic and roughen both sides along the edges. You can also use sandpaper. Be very careful and avoid that the plastic get too hot and melts away.
5. When the gap between broken piece and leg of the AT-ST is about 3 mm, put the loose pice into the silicone mold using just a small drop of superglue (you can use a tooth pick to apply it).
6. Use a two component (dental) resin to fill the gap and let it polymerise it under 2 bar of pressure. I would use a dental resin because it is very tough.
7. After about 30 minutes in the pressure pot, the resin should be polymerised completely.
You can take the piece out, remove the silicone mold and work by the fixed area with fine sandpaper.
This is actually about how dentures are fixed in dental labs.

I hope this could help you. I also fixed broken parts like this because new/added resin is always more stable than a glued edge.

@Tamer: Wow, this is a package of greatness! So many goodies! Is it xmas already, again? SDCC is just around the corner! That makes me very happy! Maybe some day I will attend, too.

- Philipp
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 01:24:14 PM by Darth More »

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #2434 on: July 13, 2018, 01:13:31 PM »
A couple weeks ago I received my latest purchase from good ole, yet mysterious tunghori:

I really like the fact that tunghori supplies us with loose figures and offers worldwide shipping. Rising prices are a true pain, though. I was still willing to pay $14.99 + $1 additional shipping for the exclusive TVC Rey to use her as a Jedi Knight from Knight of the Old Republic (with alternate lightsaber of course...). And I'm VERY curious if the TBS Snowtrooper Commander will return in The Vintage Collection. I got the feeling that we'll see quite a lot Hoth stuff in 2019 and beyond...

I spent about $430 at tunghori's over the last couple months to help a friend of mine complete his loose The Vintage Collection. Still, there won't be any discount from tunghori. Reduced shipping costs are the maximum gratitude...he is an excellent business man that's for sure. But he was so kind and send me replacements for three messed up heads, which had severe flaws like super glue or messed up paint apps. I will go into detail on another topic down the road...

Before I bought these VC120 Rebel Soldiers I asked tunghori if all of them come without the soft good skirt...they all do. So that's the next challenge for me. It's time for some sewing, again!

Follow this link to see how I restore these VC Rebel Soldiers (Hoth):

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=10179.30

Oh, and one thing I'd like to say about the VC120 Rebel Soldier (Hoth):

It DOES feel like The Vintage Collection from 2010-2012! It's good to have this feeling back...

Have a great weekend everyone!

- Philipp
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 01:32:42 PM by Darth More »

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #2435 on: July 18, 2018, 06:19:04 PM »
Wednesday Mail Call II!

I received this great "Solo: A Star Wars Story" swoopbike from a friend on Facebook!
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2436 on: July 19, 2018, 04:43:28 AM »
Got this in the mail yesterday. Wow its nice!

Offline ImperialOfficer

• Lieutenant
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #2437 on: July 20, 2018, 05:57:36 AM »
I've received a lot of stuff the past week...

Paid $80 for the droids... Unfortunately the seller forgot to send 5 of the 20 I had bought, so I should receive them next week along with 21 more.

Got these in a trade. Can anyone identify the Super Battle Droid with black markings? I also need weapons for the Aqua Droids, if anyone has extra.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2438 on: July 21, 2018, 05:06:18 AM »
You are developing quite the droid army. Nice!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2439 on: August 01, 2018, 04:42:48 AM »
Finally got in my 4-LOM. It is pretty nice. EE always does a good job with shipping and packaging. I am waiting on my Gamorrean Guards to come in from Target via mail too. Hope that box gets packed well too.

Offline ImperialOfficer

• Lieutenant
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #2440 on: August 06, 2018, 07:26:01 PM »
Lots of new stuff the past few weeks...

Got a bunch of droids from the same seller...  Paid $80

Some fodder/micro machines from a trade. Also got an incomplete ROTS jedi starfighter.

Some stuff from a few shops I went to while in Wisconsin, visiting my grandparents. $25 total

Got these for $26 shipped.

$25 shipped...

Won my first actual auction on eBay today... Put in the winning bid with 3 seconds left!

Same seller... I was the only bidder on this one. Got both auctions for a total of $36 - $25 for the clones and $11 for the droids!

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #2441 on: August 06, 2018, 08:47:54 PM »
Very sweet score. Its crazy what stuff goes for on eBay. Its all about "who wants it". Its deals like you got that switched me from both a brick and mortar  shopper and a carded collector. Sooo much gets made, rushed to be bought then DUMPED lol 0/

Long live secondary market. Zero reason to support Hasbro

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2442 on: August 07, 2018, 06:39:19 AM »
Looks like you got some great deals. I still have the momc mentality a lot of times, but I can sure see this getting me out of it and my collecting getting a lot cheaper!

And to add to this I finally got my 6" Darth Maul. Hard to believe I passed on this figure way back when the six inch line first started, but I got a pretty good deal compared to what I have seen this figure go for. I have so got to get off my duff and get some of this displayed. If you folks could see how crazy my collection room is now you would think you were in an episode of hoarders. I have plans to remedy this though.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2443 on: August 07, 2018, 02:13:14 PM »
Found my guard on the shelf at my closest target on the way home yesterday.  It was the only one they had.

Hey, that Super Battle Droid didn’t come from the battle of christophsis Target exclusive Super Battle pack, did it? Those packs were always good for having exclusive decos to their  figures or vehicles.

Offline ImperialOfficer

• Lieutenant
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #2444 on: August 07, 2018, 03:10:42 PM »
Hey, that Super Battle Droid didn’t come from the battle of christophsis Target exclusive Super Battle pack, did it? Those packs were always good for having exclusive decos to their  figures or vehicles.

No, I actually found out thst it is a Cortosis SBD from a Walmart droid factory 2 pack.