Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 384430 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #2145 on: October 04, 2016, 02:37:57 AM »
Well finally got to a larger retail area and was able to bring home a 6" Ahsoka and two Deathtroopers. If I could just find me a 6" K2SO I would be good. Still no sign of the Walmart 3.75" Waves in my neck of the woods.

I also understand a bit about other adult behavior. My daughter and I found their 6" set up right about a huge U-Wing and my daughter was excited that she found it before me. Well I looked through what they had left (6 Deathtroopers) and then wandered back to their regular toy aisle to see if the 3.75" was there (no luck). When I came back to go to checkout I noticed a guy with his buggy full of 6" figures and took him for a collector (boy was I wrong). I asked him if he had seen any 6" K2SOs and man did he give me a dirty look, mutter no, and then placed himself between me and the 6" figures. If I hadn't had my daughter with me I would have let him know exactly what I thought. Course my daughter summed it up nicely as we were walking away with, "Daddy you always help people find toys." I just smiled at the guy and walked away. Kinda sad.

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #2146 on: October 08, 2016, 04:15:31 PM »
I scored this awesome Disney parks exclusive R5-M4 on the NYCC showroom floor for only $12, same as the retail price at the parks and I saved a trip to Florida ;)

The card back got bent in my bag but I do not care as I am an opener anyway. I need to make some wires for his feet though as the new molds the parks use do not have them :(
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #2147 on: October 08, 2016, 06:08:17 PM »
There is a collectible store near where I live, and their warehouse had a Columbus Day weekend sale. They didn't have anything that was a "wow" factor but I did get some great deals. Total came to $22.

POTF Probe Droid - $4.00
SOTE Vader/Xizor 2-pack - $7.00
SOTE metal collector cards - $3.00
Action Fleet X-wing (Luke's, flight controller) - $3.00
Boston Red Sox Manny Ramirez figure by McFarlane - $5.00
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2148 on: October 09, 2016, 07:34:13 AM »
Wow, love seeing that older stuff. I would love to visit that warehouse.

Lets see, I have added the U-Wing and two 6" K-2SOs to my collection since I last posted. Just a royal guard from the 3.75" line and I am all caught up till that next great six inch wave hits.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #2149 on: October 11, 2016, 03:25:26 PM »
Picked up a third Death Trooper yesterday, but I'm hoping to trade him for the Imperial Hovertank Pilot from Toys R Us. Walmart only had 2 there, and I didn't have quite enough cash on me at the time. I was cutting it close with work so I just hid them, one behind some Halo figures and another in a toy dump truck. Both were still there when I came back during my lunch break.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #2150 on: October 12, 2016, 04:53:16 PM »
I finally grabbed TBS 6" R2-D2 and a Disney Store titanium Y-wing (2nd variant), both ebay pickups.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2151 on: October 13, 2016, 02:03:31 AM »
I am liking the Astros in the six inch series. I so wish I had bought Darth Maul back when he came out too.

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #2152 on: October 13, 2016, 09:18:21 AM »
You need a 6" Maul? I've got one, loose complete.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2153 on: October 14, 2016, 02:56:21 AM »
You need a 6" Maul? I've got one, loose complete.

I have been looking for a boxed one Volker, but I appreciate the offer.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #2154 on: October 14, 2016, 05:40:17 PM »
Few more pickups this weekend.

TFA Han Solo
Disney Store B-wing
Hot Wheels Partisan X-wing
TBS 6" Stormtrooper

I'm looking to sell some of the Disney Store vehicles. I'd like to get rid of the Slave I, Vader's and the original TIE.  I have those in the Titanium Ultra line, which are far superior. I don't need duplicates (technically). I look at the Disney Titaniums as somewhat of a continuation of the Titanium Ultra line.

I grabbed the Partisan X-wing as we don't have one in the smaller Titanium line. I also needed one as a guide as I'm making a custom Action Fleet Partisan X-wing.

I grabbed a 6" OT Stormtrooper (my third) for my Rogue One display. This one was an odd pickup. I got it at a local collectible store. The price was $24.99, which I was fine with because if I bought one online that's probably what I would be paying anyway. However they had another Stormtrooper there, but it was priced at $29.99. I thought it was rather odd. Both Stormtroopers were the same, both boxes were sealed, not open, and both were complete with the correct accessories. I thought about asking because I'd like to get one more but didn't want to run the risk of not getting it for $24.99. Just kinda odd. With that store being "all sales final" I should have asked about the other one after I paid lol.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2155 on: October 15, 2016, 06:09:44 AM »
Nice pick ups!

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #2156 on: October 17, 2016, 07:05:20 PM »
Picked up another Gold 4 Y-wing so I can finally redo my custom Bothan Blue Squadron Y-wing. The original custom was done, however I got too close with spraying the clear coating and it left streak marks, ruining it. Of course I wasn't happy. Maybe it was a good thing because it gives me a chance to redo everything. This time I plan on making the blue bands on the engines a bit smaller. I also bought a dremel this week, so I'll be taking out the astromech socket. Before I just super-glued a droid's head on, so it wasn't able to rotate. At least now, I'll have a fully functional astromech socket. I got my eye on the astromech I want, its from the Disney build-a-droid line. It perfectly matches the droid in X-wing Alliance.

I got the Y-wing off ebay for $15.75.  It was just the ship, no engine struts. Luckily I kept the struts from the previous Y-wing. If you're looking for either the Gold 4 Y-wing or the ROTJ Y-wing (red paint job from TVC), try searching ebay for "1999 y-wing".  Sometimes sellers will incorrectly list the Y-wing under that year, resulting in those auctions going under the radar.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2157 on: October 18, 2016, 03:13:40 AM »
I still have my modern vintage Y-Wing. Daggone I think that is the best one out there! I always like the vintage one though. Good pick up.

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • Toys and Deep Thinking Blog
« Reply #2158 on: October 20, 2016, 02:32:03 PM »
Ordered a few FFG X-Wing and Armada miniatures today! They were much cheaper than usual, so I couldn't pass them up.  :)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2159 on: October 20, 2016, 04:27:57 PM »
Ordered a few FFG X-Wing and Armada miniatures today! They were much cheaper than usual, so I couldn't pass them up.  :)
  Yeah man, the FFG miniatures are awesome! I need to get more of those.