Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 384434 times)

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #1800 on: June 08, 2015, 11:03:48 AM »
After work today I took a ride and got another Vintage Collection Wedge Antilles from ROTJ and Plourr Ilo, both for custom purposes. Also picked up the Shadows of the Empire Swoop vehicle from the Power of the Force line. I am reconsidering buying the SOTE toy line, as its a very small sub-line in the series and SOTE is my favorite novel. The Swoop was only 8 bucks, boxed.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline CandyBlues

• Ensign
    • Facebook
« Reply #1801 on: June 12, 2015, 10:51:41 AM »
Got these Two yesterday for the walmart price of the 3-3/4 figure because there were on the wrong pegs.
And if they didn't honor that discount i wouldent have purchased them because their boxes are smashed to heck.
So if youre ever in walmart and they have them on the wrong pegs, its worth a shot to get your 6" for less.
[/URL]

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1802 on: June 12, 2015, 03:49:07 PM »
Wow, great to see that six inch Emperor even if its in a crushed box. I hope that one turns out to be ok.

I managed to pick up the new Black Series 3 and 3/4 Wave that included the new Clone Commanders, Vader, and Chewbacca.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #1803 on: June 22, 2015, 12:37:35 PM »
Picked up the Titanium Millennium Falcon (battle damaged) and TIE Bomber off ebay, and they came in today. I'm really impressed with the size of the TIE Bomber. I always thought the Bomber was on the small side, but was pleasantly surprised when I got it in the mail today.

The only gripe I have is on the back of the Bomber, the little engine pieces in the middle of both circles aren't painted. I'm not complaining or anything, I just expected them to be painted red, just like on the Action Fleet Bomber. Maybe I'll get another at some point and do it myself lol. Overall I like it, don't know why I didn't pick it up sooner.

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1804 on: June 27, 2015, 06:45:53 AM »
I got in my 6 inch Emperor and IG-88 this past week and I like the look of em. It is pretty cool to get new figures.

I also see I have some new 3 and 3/4" coming this week.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #1805 on: June 29, 2015, 02:17:06 PM »
I finally gave in and bought one of the Disney Store Die-Cast Vehicles. My Snowspeeder came in today and I'm really impressed with it. It's got a nice weight to it, good detail and weathering. No warping on the laser cannons. The only gripe I have is the harpoon gun is very loose, and there's no movable air brakes. Also, the Snowspeeder's paint job was given a used look with the red paint, but they're just dots lol.

For anyone wondering, it's just a bit smaller then the Ultra Titanium Snowspeeder, and the same size as an Action Fleet Snowspeeder. You can fit AF figures inside, but the cockpit has tons of room so the figure will definitely bounce around and not sit properly. It's definitely a nice display piece and I look forward to getting the others. I wanted an X-wing first as its my favorite ship but I'm looking to to find one where the laser cannons aren't warped.

Tamer I think this is something you would really enjoy.

Offline TakeshiInhaba

• Ensign
« Reply #1806 on: June 29, 2015, 04:50:46 PM »
I finally found the BS Imp. Navy Commander and Cmd. Wolffe, had been a dry dry desert with the BS figures the past few month.  :(
"Arent you a little short for a stormtrooper?"
"Shut up!"

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1807 on: June 30, 2015, 03:46:40 AM »
I have been on the fence about these Disney Ships. I might just have to to bite the bullet and try em. Its not like Hasbro is giving us any decent vehicles lately!

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #1808 on: July 06, 2015, 09:26:53 PM »
A few more pickups:

- Titanium Y-wing (Red, battle damage)
- Luke's Snowspeeder/Millennium Falcon/AT-AT 3-pack for $3.75. This was a great score because I'm missing the AT-AT and this version of the Snowspeeder, and the Falcon I have is beat up.
- Micro Machines Rebel Transport. I don't collect Micro Machines, and while this item isn't officially labeled as "Action Fleet" I think it'll look great with my rebel crafts (next to the Blockade Runner in particular). I took a picture to show the size comparison.

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1809 on: July 07, 2015, 10:41:50 AM »
Nice, I just picked up another six inch Hoth Han and Taun Taun, Hoth Luke and Wampa, and the REBELS Imperial Troop Transport. Daggone nice sale Dorkside has going on!

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #1810 on: July 19, 2015, 09:25:53 AM »
Despite the loss of my PC and TV, I've managed to pickup some Star Wars items.

- Disney Store Titanium Vehicles. I bought the Y-wing, TIE Fighter, Vader's TIE and Slave I. They had a deal where the ships were $7 each if you purchased 2 or more, so I went ahead and bought all 4. They also had a promo for 2 days for free shipping if you used the promo code FREESHIP. My total came to $28. I worked on the 4th so at my job if you work on a holiday, part timers get a $25 gift card. The gift card and the remaining balance on my paypal account from selling something recently took care of my order.  Unfortunately I had to call the Disney Store as Vader's TIE was damaged, the wings were broken off. They were cool about it and sent a replacement at no charge. They said I could keep the broken one.

- Titanium Imperial Shuttle, Death Star (finally!) and Luke's Red Five X-wing (moveable wings). Now I have all the X-wings with the moveable wings, which are Reds 1-5 (Red 6 was never made unfortunately). Also got the Action Fleet Falcon for $17.  I always see it go for well above $20 on ebay. It's missing the missile but came with the correct Han & Chewie figures. I want to do some custom with it, just not sure what yet.

- Most importantly, finally got the OT on blu-ray.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #1811 on: July 19, 2015, 12:23:18 PM »
Those are pretty neat. They're reascent molds? Its been a while since I've seen these. They look good, the TIE fighter and Y-wing are my faves, but the Falcon just needs darkening. The Blue Ray movies are great, but you know how I feel about that. Lol. Cool purchases.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #1812 on: July 19, 2015, 12:46:12 PM »
Those are pretty neat. They're reascent molds? Its been a while since I've seen these. They look good, the TIE fighter and Y-wing are my faves, but the Falcon just needs darkening. The Blue Ray movies are great, but you know how I feel about that. Lol. Cool purchases.

Thanks. The Disney Store Titaniums are fairly new, either late last year or early this year. They are about the size of the Action Fleet ships, give or take. I bought the Snowspeeder not too long ago, I love it. That one is the same size of the Action Fleet Snowspeeder.

I agree, the Action Fleet Falcon should be a bit darker. Then there's the Saga Action Fleet Falcon which I think is too dark lol.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #1813 on: July 19, 2015, 01:57:49 PM »
Yeah the Snowspeeder is really nice. That's good Disney was cool about exchanging the Vader TIE. I might check out the online store since they don't have a store around here for miles. Have you ever considered the Bandai kits? They're really great and easy to assemble. They're also all the same scale 1/72 TIE, Vader TIE,  X Wing and 7/25/15 the Y Wing will be available. They're a little pricey $25 or so but worth it.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 03:35:30 PM by JDeck »

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1814 on: July 20, 2015, 05:22:32 AM »
I need to pick up a few of those Disney Ships. At least the AT-AT. I am leery of ordering through disneystore.com as some of my packages have come through horribly. I might be able to hit a disney store here in a few weeks if things work out with the missus though.

Back to this topic, I did pick up some great discounted items due to the sale dorkside has on currently. So I have an opener ITT, Wampa, and Taun Taun (six inch versions). Of course when Dorkside says not mint it practically is.