Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 384438 times)

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #1650 on: May 03, 2014, 07:11:50 AM »
I found a Darth Plagueis at my local TRU (in Graz) for 8€.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1651 on: May 03, 2014, 04:55:02 PM »
I don't think my local wal mart is gonna get any new waves. There are four measley mission series (Wave 1) figures on the pegs with that Jakks Pacific Vader. I haven't seen a Plageuis in the wild!

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #1652 on: May 06, 2014, 01:17:03 PM »
Picked up the 4 Action Fleet battle packs from Hasbro's line in 2002 off ebay. Now for the original 18 battle packs.

All I need is the following for my OT Action Fleet collection:

18 battle packs
Classic Duel sets of X-Wing vs. TIE and Falcon vs. TIE Interceptor  (I was outbid on the X-Wing vs. TIE the other night, I didn't realize it would go so high, ugh!)
Classic Duel "pewter" set of Vader TIE vs. X-Wing (I'm sure I'll never see that lol)

Almost there!
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1653 on: May 07, 2014, 02:32:33 AM »
I hope you will show us some pics of this stuff when it is delivered. I so need to get to my collection of these.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #1654 on: May 07, 2014, 07:49:19 AM »
Definitely. The packaging on Hasbro's AF battle packs look really nice, I like the shade of blue on it.  I'm going to keep the 4 battle packs in their packaging, as well as the 18 other battle packs when I get them. Unlike the ships, I have no reason to display them, and if I do, dusting will only be more of a hassle. Also I'm very afraid if I do display them I'll lose a few figures. I'm very OCD when it comes to my AF collection lol.

Picked up a few more things off ebay. I got the titanium ultra TIE Fighter, Falcon and Snowspeeder. For anyone unfamiliar, they are Action Fleet size but metal. The only one I had before was Luke's X-Wing but the engines fell off. The X-Wing has no figures (except R2-D2 glued in) but it looks like the Falcon and Snowspeeder do (also glued in, it looks like). I'm also watching an auction on ebay of the AT-AT, Boba Fett's Slave I and Luke's X-Wing.

Ugh, if I ever get around to doing a haul video I'm going to be up to my neck in Star Wars stuff lol.  I love selling things on ebay that go for a lot of money and using that in turn to buy stuff haha.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 08:15:52 AM by Goldleaderone »

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #1655 on: May 09, 2014, 08:02:52 PM »
Hasbro's 2002 Action Fleet Battle Pack line from the Original Trilogy - officially complete!

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #1656 on: May 10, 2014, 02:23:08 AM »
nice Dave ,i think i had all of these at one point
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1657 on: May 10, 2014, 04:43:14 AM »
That is so cool. Did they do an TESB one Dave? I am gonna have to find that AT-ST one for sure, maybe all of them.

On my own note I got in the new Disney 15 inch Stormtrooper. Talk about one excellent sculpt and I think they have all the lines Stormtroopers ever had in the films! So cool and the light up sounds of the blaster are just spot on. Definitely one fun toy thats for sure. The only thing I can grumble about is Disney.com's shipping. The box it came in was all beat up even for my posties, (oh I can tell you stories) and portions of the box were worn away leaving it with many white blotches. I am probably gonna open this one up and hope to get another better boxed one down the road. Me and my daggone momc obsession!

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #1658 on: May 10, 2014, 08:50:47 AM »
That is so cool. Did they do an TESB one Dave? I am gonna have to find that AT-ST one for sure, maybe all of them.

Unfortunately no. Those 4 were the only battle packs released from Hasbro. The only TESB items that Hasbro did make were the Snowspeeder (gray markings, vintage look) and the AT-AT (snow paint job). However, for whatever reason, any AF ship released by Hasbro didn't include any figures. The only exception is the Naboo Starfighter and X-Wing, which both have a glued in R2-D2.  I went on ebay and picked up a few extra figures to put in the ships. For me, any AF vehicle without any figures is a big no no.

I picked this up off ebay. Star Wars Trilogy Gift Set. The ships are about the same size as the titaniums, but only plastic. I had this set as a kid but lost or broke most of them. Nice to get this set again. I searched ebay a while back, it was at $30 so I passed. I saw it the other day for $10 so I nabbed it (shipping was another $10 though). I'm glad I waited. I saw on amazon its selling for $44, I just laughed lol.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1659 on: May 11, 2014, 07:23:35 AM »
Nice, that is one good looking set.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #1660 on: May 11, 2014, 07:41:33 PM »
My Titanium Ultra ships came in yesterday. I have to say, I have no idea why I passed on these. They're Action Fleet size but metal. You should hold the Falcon, talk about heavy!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1661 on: May 12, 2014, 02:31:41 AM »
I have the walker in these, but have no idea why I passed on the others. I might have to rectify that situation. They look great!

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #1662 on: May 25, 2014, 12:06:29 PM »
Found a my second 6" Clean Stormtrooper at TRU. Can't wait for Chewie and Vader.  0/  dav2

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1663 on: May 26, 2014, 06:32:16 AM »
Found a my second 6" Clean Stormtrooper at TRU. Can't wait for Chewie and Vader.  0/  dav2

I hear you. I have heard folks that you need to keep checking amazon.com as sometimes they put up the 6 inch Stormies are regular price if you are like me and want a few. I haven't caught it at the right time yet, but might be worth a look when you are online.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #1664 on: June 03, 2014, 06:57:24 PM »
Alright, I got lucky today at my local Fry's grocery store. I found some Black Series 3.75" figures for only $7.99 each. I picked up Merumeru (big Wookie), Biggs Darklighter, Stormtrooper, and the ever so elusive Darth Plagueis. They had the female Jedi and CW era Mace Windu but I wasn't feeling those figs very much. The Mace's head color looks weird. I'm trying hard to stay away from Prequel figures.