Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 384429 times)

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #945 on: January 07, 2012, 10:40:33 PM »
Saw the new display at target last night...with loads of OLD FIGURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How bloody pointless is that.

Offline JLaban4

• Commodore
  • The only good lizard, is a dead lizard.
    • Follow this link to see my customs and other videos
« Reply #946 on: January 08, 2012, 04:13:08 AM »
Look what I just found!

Incase you can't tell what they are since the pics aren't very good but they're the new clone wars phase 2 clone and commander Cody!
where did you find them!

A shop called Toy Planet in Westfield Derby.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #947 on: January 08, 2012, 05:35:15 AM »
Pat, I did indeed get a Vizio Blu-Ray Player as I just can't bite on a game system yet till I get high speed internet in my home. When I do I will have one or two besides the Wii though. I do not yet have surround sound, but do plan on getting that once I get my entertainment center/bookcase area built. It is gonna rock too. Spent all of yesterday cutting and routing and figuring.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #948 on: January 08, 2012, 09:07:05 AM »
Make sure when you get a surround system, you get one that has full HDM!.  I can't believe how much I was missing by not having a true Hi def system, and I thought it sounded good before!  As much as I have always been AGAINST Sony, I have to admit that lately, I'm slowly turning into a Sony fan.  You can get a very nice surround system, complete with speakers, for between $500 and $600.  Depending on your room size and shape will decide on whether you need a 5.1 or 7.1 system. 

As for me, I got my Gentle Giant PGM gift, the shirtless Darth Maul mini-bust.  He's pretty impressive, one of the nicest (as far as detail, paint apps, materials, sculpt, etc) that they've released all year.  I have such a pile of items that need reviewing, and hopefully I'll be buying my new camera next weekend, so I can start then!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #949 on: January 08, 2012, 09:22:44 AM »
Sounds good Pat. I will make sure I get HDMI.

I need to look for my PGM Gift too.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #950 on: January 12, 2012, 09:54:27 PM »
HOLY POOP ON A STICK!

I saw my first new Star Wars stuff since the General Lando wave (ok there was the Revenge wave but most of that was repacks so I don't count it as "new")

I was in wally mart checking the clearence stuffs and low and behold was (at last) a Balista Shan and Logray!!!!!  FINALLLY!!!!  First new SW I have bought (If you don't count Shirtless Savage Opress for Christmas since I didn't buy it for myself) since probably April or so.  I was actually excited believe it or not. 

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #951 on: January 12, 2012, 10:55:37 PM »
HOLY POOP ON A STICK!

I saw my first new Star Wars stuff since the General Lando wave (ok there was the Revenge wave but most of that was repacks so I don't count it as "new")

I was in wally mart checking the clearence stuffs and low and behold was (at last) a Balista Shan and Logray!!!!!  FINALLLY!!!!  First new SW I have bought (If you don't count Shirtless Savage Opress for Christmas since I didn't buy it for myself) since probably April or so.  I was actually excited believe it or not. 

Never saw her in stores...had to buy ebay :'(

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #952 on: January 13, 2012, 07:17:39 AM »
Ironicly I tried to buy her on ebay and kept getting outbid, that was when I found Storm Shadow for $15 shipped, after that I waited until after the holidays to start looking again due to the holidays but I found her in the store instead.  Irony works out sometimes. 

Spookymufu

« Reply #953 on: January 13, 2012, 07:32:45 AM »
I got a Lukes Taun Taun for $7.48 and was able to get an adjustment for the $24.99 landspeeder I got for Xmas......Double Score!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #954 on: January 13, 2012, 07:33:51 AM »
I got a Lukes Taun Taun for $7.48 and was able to get an adjustment for the $24.99 landspeeder I got for Xmas......Double Score!

Wow, now that is an awesome deal.

Offline JLaban4

• Commodore
  • The only good lizard, is a dead lizard.
    • Follow this link to see my customs and other videos
« Reply #955 on: January 14, 2012, 11:57:14 AM »
Just picked up 2 more TCW Clone troopers in phase 2 armour.

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #956 on: January 17, 2012, 09:51:24 PM »
Ironicly I tried to buy her on ebay and kept getting outbid, that was when I found Storm Shadow for $15 shipped, after that I waited until after the holidays to start looking again due to the holidays but I found her in the store instead.  Irony works out sometimes. 

My stores are full of stealing and scalpers who come in early everyday and buy case afte case. If I see it early.....it's  a fluke.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #957 on: January 18, 2012, 04:27:41 PM »
I was too busy last week to do much checking of the clearance isles but I did come up with this bargain at a walmart a couple of days ago.
I picked up this vulture droid for a whopping $12.40. The price tag had two layers to it so this was the second time it had been marked down.it was the only sw item in the whole clearance isle. there cw figures have been wiped out for a couple of weeks now. do you think they have restocked with new goodies for me? no.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #958 on: January 18, 2012, 10:45:06 PM »
Found me a maul tonight, some jerk off tried to tear him off the card but they didn't get him so I bought him anyway.  AWESOME FIGURE, the maul that should have been in the line YEARS ago.  Love it. 

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #959 on: January 19, 2012, 04:03:29 PM »
Got a Jabba's Throne set Oola and the female Imperial in the red uniform from the recent EE Comic Packs as part of a trade today!
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/