Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 384430 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #810 on: October 16, 2011, 05:42:54 PM »
LE, would you believe that I found those at my barber shop? This guy runs a barber shop down at Warsaw. where I go fishing, in a shop called Man Cave Collectibles, where he stocks various vintage collectibles including Star Wars stuff. I had inquired about the partial one that he had in that box in a case, a couple of weeks ago. He said that he had a complete one at home and we struck a deal on it for me to pick it up later. when I did, I shot him an offer for the incomplete one as well and low and behold, I walked out with them.

Pat, that was one of my favorites as well.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #811 on: October 16, 2011, 06:55:32 PM »
About the only Hasbro SW item I'm even looking for is the Bastila Shan.  My guess is, I won't find her at retail.

Keep looking.  I saw her hanging from the pegs just the other day.  She seems to be the least popular of that wave in my area.

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #812 on: October 17, 2011, 09:45:32 PM »
The newest things I have seen are the new trus game packs. Beyond that there is nothing new in my area at all.

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #813 on: October 17, 2011, 11:08:08 PM »
Well, they are hard enough to get, it seems.
When I find her, I'll pick up a few extra Bastila figures and let you guys know.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #814 on: October 17, 2011, 11:34:00 PM »
When I find her, I'll pick up a few extra Bastila figures and let you guys know.

Ive been wanting her and logray

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #815 on: October 18, 2011, 04:05:55 AM »
Well my local Walmart has restocked the vintage pegs with R5-D4, Farmboy Luke and the other figures from that wave. They also have a ton of CW "slight disagreement packs" I was lucky enough to dig thru them and find the Defend Kamino pack and will give it to Jaxon for Chistmas. Blitz looks awesome!

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #816 on: October 18, 2011, 06:55:43 PM »

I hope we all find one or more, soon.  I'm dying to find her...
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
« Reply #817 on: October 18, 2011, 11:03:12 PM »
Funnily enough, the figure itself isn't half as spectacular as the image on the card's front.
The facesculpt isn't near as pretty as the image and the overall 2-colour paintjob could have been a lot better to make the figure more detailed.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #818 on: October 19, 2011, 05:32:16 AM »
You are painfully correct Kurgan. I have her and it is a cool figure but the face sculpt does not look like the character at all. The top of her head is also swolen like some type of humanoid. I just don't get it.

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
« Reply #819 on: October 19, 2011, 10:07:25 AM »
LE, I've already been looking at putting her hairdo on top of the female head you used for your contest entry.
What do you think?

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #820 on: October 19, 2011, 12:04:25 PM »
I think that would make a great combo!

Offline DeathClutch83

• Cadet
« Reply #821 on: October 20, 2011, 05:25:08 PM »
I was at Kroger today getting some groceries and I saw Quinlan Vos.  When I checked out at the register and scanned my Kroger card it applied a coupon for the figure and I got him for free!!!!  An amazing pick up today, you dont get free figures very often.   javascript:void(0);

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #822 on: October 20, 2011, 06:14:04 PM »
Well I got a feast for my eyes today but my wallet could only afford a snack! Target was the first stop, saw the new CW wave and picked up a Savage Oppress for Jaxon. Then I rounded the corner and there was a lady with a cart full of boxes she was getting ready to open! I asked if she could start with the SW boxes and she did, they were full of landspeeders, Luke Taun Taun and Han, Hoth Trooper and Taun Taun. Those beautiful vintage boxes were screaming at me but I had to pick one so I grabbed The Han pack as it came with the extra figure for the same price. There were no new vintage figures there.

I headed to TRU next with $20 left to spend and praying the Rebel ground Crew with speeder would be waiting for me. No such luck. :(  They did have the Death Star trench run and it looks awesome! Someone asked me if I was finding everything I wanted and I said no I have been hitting there stores for a month trying to find that set. I went to the service desk and asked the cashier to order it for me like there signs hanging around say they can do. After a few minutes he tells me it isn't available yet, I tell him how many people have had it for weeks, still he can't order it, It isn't in the system. I tell you they are really doing a great job getting this previous hard to find set to us aren't they? So now I am pissed that I left that Luke and Taun Taun at Target!

Kmart was a ghost town...

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #823 on: October 20, 2011, 07:46:14 PM »
Man, LE, I want that Target stuff so bad!!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #824 on: October 21, 2011, 04:12:23 AM »
I know, I tell you I felt like a kid again seeing those vintage boxes! When I get them I will take the stuff out of the box and still display those empty boxes!