Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 386772 times)

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #2445 on: August 07, 2018, 09:48:25 PM »
Looks like you got some great deals. I still have the momc mentality a lot of times, but I can sure see this getting me out of it and my collecting getting a lot cheaper!

And to add to this I finally got my 6" Darth Maul. Hard to believe I passed on this figure way back when the six inch line first started, but I got a pretty good deal compared to what I have seen this figure go for. I have so got to get off my duff and get some of this displayed. If you folks could see how crazy my collection room is now you would think you were in an episode of hoarders. I have plans to remedy this though.

Yeah that MAUL is a cool figure. I skipped the whole line passing on every figure (Disney stores even had pegs full of slave Leia and greedo $4-5 lol)... Until 2016 when I saw the line wasn't gunna die and everything was super cheap ($6 figures at Gamestop etc) its really great stuff they make for the 6" its just overpriced and has poor product choices.

I got my maul by having to purchase an entire lot of 6 BS figures for like $65 to me that really is what this stuff is worth hahaha $20+ is crazy since the org. Toy biz marvel legends look like $70+ toys in comparison.

I understand your comment on how your collection appears. I moved mine from storage months ago and its still like a bomb went off. Sooo glad I opened 75% of my stuff and just saved all the packaging. I dunno how people can maintain sooo much care and space 😵

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #2446 on: August 14, 2018, 02:27:29 PM »
Picked up a Gammy Guard with damaged packaging for $21.01 and a Commander Wolffe at the local book store.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2447 on: August 15, 2018, 05:10:21 AM »
Very nice, I have yet to see that Gammy Guard, but a local friend has two for me when I see him next weekend at WV Pop Con.

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #2448 on: August 19, 2018, 12:46:53 PM »
Just a head's-up:

GameStop has been having a "take and additional 50% off clearance price" sale for the last few weeks.

The GameStop exclusive "Star Wars Black Series" 6" scale Supreme Leader Snoke w/throne is a part of that sale. Originally priced at $36.99 (or thereabouts) it is now $9.97.

I picked one up awhile back but neglected to post it due to being exhausted from this job everyday.

The throne is MASSIVE and looks really impressive with 3.75" scale figures. It will need some modifications: an additional step or steps as the 3.75" scale figure's feet just dangle above the original step and an additional back piece as the smaller figure's back does not reach the back of the throne.

I envision this as the throne of a planetary dictator (think Ming the Merciless type). and it should look great once the modifications are made and it is repainted.

The 6" scale Snoke will be modified into a gaunt troll for my fantasy diorama.
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2449 on: August 20, 2018, 02:13:35 AM »
I need to go see if I can find me a six inch snoke at that price. Nice Dan!

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #2450 on: August 22, 2018, 01:27:38 AM »
Being eyeing these myself for the $10 price they finally started to move. I saw jayson from yakface did a great lighting scheme and paint job (complete with dead smoke) .

Honestly a great piece to hoard and use for w/e and even trade/sell for later

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #2451 on: August 22, 2018, 05:01:19 PM »
Scored a Force Link 2.0 Wampa/Hoth Luke set for under $10 on my lunch break today at the K-Mart near my house that is closing.
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2452 on: August 23, 2018, 02:20:59 AM »
Great deal Dan.

I got in my Target 6" Gammys yesterday. They were both pristine! ;D

Offline ImperialOfficer

• Lieutenant
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #2453 on: August 24, 2018, 07:38:54 AM »
Got some good stuff at Michigan comic con on Sunday. I ended up paying an average of $5 per figure, and I was able to get Timothy zahn to autograph my copy of Thrawn: Alliances!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2454 on: August 26, 2018, 06:16:00 AM »
Cool deal on that Zahn Auto!

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #2455 on: September 04, 2018, 05:18:25 AM »
@CloneSniper78: Congrats on this great deal on the Gamorrean Guard! Wolffe is fantastic, too!

@ImperialOfficer: Wow, you got some awesome stuff recently! Your collection is growing FAST! That autograph looks great! Did you know that "Zahn" means "tooth" in German? So if the author translated his surname his full name would be Timothy Tooth!

Yesterday, I had a good start into the new week! My latest order from ebay seller tunghori arrived and here is what's in the box:

A couple weeks ago, tunghori listed the SDCC 2018 exclusive Comic Set figures of Doctor Aphra, Triple Zero and Beetee One for the first time. I couldn't resist and bought the three of them. Then, I thought I paid too much for them, but now that I got them in hand, I'm more than happy!

I paid the following prices for these figures:

- Dr. Aphra - $19.99 USD
- BT-1 - $21.99 USD
- 0-0-0 - $12.99 USD

tunghori still has 0-0-0 in stock (as of this post) and he might relist Dr. Aphra and BT-1, again. Keep checking his ebay store if you still hunt for them lose or buy this set new at HasbroToyShop:
Here are the hyperlinks to

tunghori's ebay store: https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=tunghori&_sop=10
and
HasbroToyShop: https://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/en/htsusa/-e16280000?catName=

Still, I paid a premium price for these three, but living in Germany there was no cheaper way for me to get them...one German etailer indeed listed this 3-Pack for preorder for 69,90€ (~$81.08). And even if I had gotten a new set, I probably wouldn't have unboxed the figures.
So including shipping I paid a total of $61.97 USD (~54,84€) and I'm so happy to have them that I spontaneously decided to make a review on them!

See my full review after the jump: http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=10507.msg207850#msg207850 

My previous order was incomplete. One of two TIE Fighter Pilots (Lt. Oxixio) and the goggles of TVC VC88 Pricess Leia (Sandstorm Outfit) were missing. This happened to me twice before, but tunghori does not hesitate to send the missing items.
Another plus for good ole tunghori...
He listed the Lt. Oxixio figure as TVC TIE Fighter Pilot of Walmart's latest exclusive. The helmet is different from the Lt. Oxixio multipack figure, indeed, but it's neither the pack-in figure of the TIE Fighter. More on that later...

I placed my order on August 24, 2018 paid a day after that to clearify details (missing parts) and received the shippment on September 3, 2018. So delivery only took 9 days to Germany since payment including two Sundays, which is quite impressive to me!

Happy hunting everyone!

- Philipp
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 02:44:17 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2456 on: September 05, 2018, 02:45:36 AM »
Darth More I enjoyed your review of the SDCC Set. I actually picked one extra up myself I liked it so much. I actually got out to a few new stores over the weekend, but didn't really see much.

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • Toys and Deep Thinking Blog
« Reply #2457 on: September 07, 2018, 11:53:04 AM »
Not a purchase, but the beginning of my hunt...It appears TVC Wave 2 has finally hit stores, so everyone be on the lookout. As soon as I can, I'm hitting up a local Walmart. The desire to go out and look for anything is quite rare now-a-days!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2458 on: September 08, 2018, 06:46:48 AM »
I just got word my Piett has shipped!

Gonna hit walmart today to see if vintage wave 2 has hit.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #2459 on: September 10, 2018, 02:31:45 PM »
@Tamer: I'm glad you enjoyed my review, Shawn! Thank you for sharing it on the pages, again! I'm also happy that you got two of the Aphra sets! If I lived in the U.S. I would've bought one pack new, too! But I'm as happy as I could be with the loose set from tunghori. I stopped unboxing stuff in 2012.

Cool that your Piett has been shipped! Are you going to make a review on him, too?
And how was your hunt at Walmart? Did you find TVC Wave 2 there?

@Jodo: Thanks for the alert! I saw posts on JTA, too and also that Amazon had them in stock. But when I saw the listings on there I couldn't believe what I was seeing there:

Sold and shipped by Amazon. The list price from Amazon varies between $22 and $25. What is going on there?!
I mean Wave 1 started to be listed over the MRSP already, but this is getting nuts - I mean Toys "R" Us sells TVC figures for 21,99€ already here in Germany, but these prices on Amazon.com just become crazy! Amazon seems to even be scalping their own prices! Welcome to Wall Street...

I know that they started selling Wave 1 over the MRSP at $14.99. The VC120 Rebel Trooper (Hoth) stayed stable at the price for the longest time and sold for as low as $11.00 a couple weeks ago.
All the other Sequel repacks of Wave 1 are way down to 6 bucks or so.

But the regular retail price for the TVC Asst. still is  $12.99 + sales tax in the United States, isn't it?

- Philipp
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 01:03:24 PM by Darth More »