Author Topic: Amazon.com  (Read 45896 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Amazon.com
« Reply #165 on: October 26, 2020, 02:24:48 AM »
Most of mine is usps now. My postal workers sure don't do the boxes any favors either.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #166 on: October 27, 2020, 03:13:08 AM »
40% off Star Wars Toys and Apparel today!

https://amzn.to/3oGjASC

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #167 on: October 28, 2020, 06:49:24 AM »
Thanks for the alert!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #168 on: December 11, 2020, 05:35:32 AM »
Dan shares word on an exclusive 3.75" HALO Villian Pack:

https://amzn.to/3naaNXQ

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #169 on: May 01, 2021, 12:22:09 AM »
Amazon can if they got a couple seconds extra, but this time I only got half the luck. No bubble wrap and a card that would not apply to "pristine condition" anymore. Instead they refunded me 6.50€ on the entire order so that I got the Hoth Rebel Soldier for 14.49€ instead of 20.99€, which was a great deal already! Now, it's back up to 25€ and they made it easy for me to open it up! Haven't done that in a long time.

I got Luke & Yoda for 37€ which is awesome compared to the German MRSP of 49.99€!

Usually we don't get many accessories even in The Black Series. But when Hasbro spends a couple extra pennies, we sometimes get incredibly many in one set. But they often are not visible through the packaging. I think that's sad if you have to make a buying decision. Of course it's a nice surprise when you open it up, but I think it'd be better if one could see the entire content maybe even printed on the back of the packaging.

The box of the Snowspeeder arrived in okay condition. I don't complain at all for 99€ when it goes for about that amount in the bay now. Plus I snagged it in the right moment because now it's sold out on Amazon.de.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 12:30:35 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #170 on: May 01, 2021, 05:36:49 AM »
Yeah, as you know with me too, Amazon is just hit or miss (mainly miss for me) with vintage products. They also ship them in really thin cardboard boxes now. Glad you were able to get a discount.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #171 on: May 28, 2021, 08:29:07 AM »
Guess I got "lucky" once again. Except for some minor edging and a couple dents, these apple green guys arrived without crushed blisters or bent cards:
The packaging was...adventurous...if you dare, you can get yours here:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08PM9WMZF?pf_rd_r=3TNCPYVQBDTZEKA82KS6&pf_rd_p=5ae2c7f8-e0c6-4f35-9071-dc3240e894a8&pd_rd_r=bde9395c-57d7-42e6-a749-2c01170f4df1&pd_rd_w=L3fQO&pd_rd_wg=X5wLA&ref_=pd_gw_unk

I think Amazon will never be the right source for MINT collectors.
You know and that's exactly why I became a loose & used collector because I don't want to care more about the packaging than the figure/product itself.

Amazon Germany imported some units from Amazon UK charging an extra import fee for their internal logistics, which is...interesting. The sold them between 19,76€ and 20,35€, which is a great price!

« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 10:33:38 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #172 on: May 28, 2021, 10:31:07 AM »
Wow, they shipped them in those cardboard things and they arrived pretty good. I would say you need to go get a lottery ticket. SMDH. I would never trust Amazon for momc vintage. Never again.

Thanks for the update. Time to get this on the front pages.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 10:38:08 AM by Tamer »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #173 on: May 28, 2021, 02:11:28 PM »
  Awesome! I use Amazon primarily for my figures. It's like I told the guy bagging my groceries, put it all in one bag, I'm just going to turn it into S#!% anyway. Same with figures,  I'm just going to rip it open anyway. lately, in the last year or more, I've had good cards. They must have gotten greif from consumers, and maybe even from Hasbro possibly. It's similar to what the video you posted about walmart. Them having tens of thousands of products, they're not likely to change their policy for a few items. Like the Assault tank i got, wasn't even in a box, they just slapped a shipping lable on it, like it was a toaster. However the carbon freezing chamber was shipped in a box. Third party sellers ship their products carefully, but they're more expensive. It's advantageous for me, the less people use Amazon  for figures TBH. No preoder sell outs. The only thing that bothers me about Amazon, is that they hold steadfast to that ship date. As we all know, if Hasbro claims a May release, retailers will get them several months early, and usually they ship early.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 02:44:45 PM by JDeck »

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #174 on: May 28, 2021, 02:56:17 PM »
I find Amazon is ONLY good for getting a deal... Via the "used" section. When I've gotten NEW, 98.5% of the time I have to request replacements  since its all messed up... But even then its a crap shoot. A perfect example is when I got TBS Snowspeeder $90 and it arrived with ONLY a shipping label on the original box!!! And the box itself also in crap condition and overall water damaged!!! I thought I having nightmare or something.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #175 on: May 30, 2021, 05:27:55 AM »
If your an opener your good, if not I wouldn't ever expect to get a good card or box from them. I can't remember the last time I did.

I think it was the Gonk Droids I went through a bunch before I got two I could live with. Never again. Course I say that and then amazon will do a deal and I will be hooked again.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #176 on: June 02, 2021, 01:09:08 PM »
JDeck: Couldn't say it any better!

(SID): I don't regret being a loose collector, if I get the stuff cheap and in damaged packaging, I even open it like the TBS Rebel Hoth Soldier. That way I know it's brand new, new joints and all accessories...

Tamer: Very true, Jeff is happy and loose collectors are...happy if they get very lucky. But apparently Jeff has some interesting new ideas since BREXIT:

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #177 on: June 02, 2021, 01:21:04 PM »
Do Amazon charge customers extra costs they have to pay since BREXIT?

Today when I checked my recent orders the TVC AT-ST "Raider" was shown to me on Amazon.de - and to my total surprise, it's available to pre-order here in Germany from Amazon UK!
Before I moved it to my cart, I checked Amazon UK and USA for availability - sold out. The GBP is still stronger than the EUR and even the USD so it makes no sense to me that Amazon only sell this one here in Germany. Not even in France or Spain...Germany seems to be a strong market for Amazon - definitely the strongest market in continental Europe.
So the regular price is 77€, shipping is FREE, BUT they take 15€ import fees from the UK.
This makes me wonder if Amazon charges customers with costs they have to pay for internal logistics and customs fees.
At checkout I had to pay a few cents less than shown on the product page. And 91.74€ is still a great price considering the fact that the cheapest offer on ebay.de is at 212€ already!
I hope it arrives and a second run of this great version like the Slave I would be more than welcome.

Here's the link to Amazon Germany - maybe you can order one as well in your country.
https://smile.amazon.de/gp/product/B07MVLX2T6/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A301WKE65PGVT5&psc=1
When I put 2 of them in my cart, it was 10€ more expensive than pre-ordering a single one. So ironically it pays of more buying them separately.

It's great to see Amazon make rare items available here, but charging higher import fees is not cool.
Still regret that I didn't pull the trigger when I saw one in the bay loose for 60€. It was online for two weeks and by now just the pack-in figure goes for well over 40€...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 02:24:05 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #178 on: June 03, 2021, 02:35:53 AM »
Is this the vintage version? Meaning does it come in the vintage box? Thats awesome.

I tried to get one of these when they went on clearnace and Best Buy shipped it in the same box it came in. Needless to say it arrived horribly mangled. I was never able to get one!

I hope you have good luck with Amazon.

Off to share this on the front pages.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 02:40:30 AM by Tamer »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #179 on: June 03, 2021, 03:30:51 AM »
Sorry for not providing the link:

https://smile.amazon.de/gp/product/B07MVLX2T6/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A301WKE65PGVT5&psc=1

Yes, it's the one and only repaint in TVC packaging. I also had the chance to buy it from UK etailers, but when I found the listing at Forbidden Planet they were sold out already!

Add: I also read some reviews on Amazon and most of them are from Dec 2019 to Jan 2020 - I guess I missed the chance then...it was about 65€ back then so it was even the same price that Best Buy claimed. I paid 33% more now, but that's okay compared to over 200€ on the secondary market. The reviews also say that it arrived in great condition. But that was over a year ago...let's see.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 02:24:36 AM by Darth More »