Episode 12
Episode 13
Episode 14
Episode 15
Episode 16
Episode 17
Episode 18
Episode 19

Author Topic: Wookielover1138's YouTube Channel  (Read 62636 times)

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
Re: Wookielover1138's YouTube Channel
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2011, 10:58:33 PM »
That's just crazy. 

BTW - I started compiling a list of the guys on here that you should keep an eye on... but then it occurred to me that all I was doing was generating a list of members with more than 5 posts!!  ;D

But seriously!  Watching your vids brings up a question.  How much pre-planning do you put into each episode?  Do you sit down and work out a script (detailed or not), list of shots you want, and so on?  I'm sure you can see - if you happen to watch my casting vid I just uploaded - that I take the "by the seat of my pants" approach, even tho my filmmaking class taught me that is WRONG!   ::)  But your episodes are so polished that I assume either you deliberately put a lot of time into each one or that you do vid-production for a living and have gotten to the point you just automagically THINK in filming style.

Offline RedLeaderOne (00fire501)

• Star Wars YouTuber
  • Commander
  • I Love Talking Star Wars
    • Star Wars RedLeaderOne YouTube
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2011, 05:10:10 AM »
Hi Wookilover,  I've watched all of your videos from the start and I cant see what the problem was with them being not family safe,to me they where fine. Keep up the good work and feel free to drop by my Youtube channel sometime.   :)

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2011, 05:23:46 AM »
Uber-excited, just started working on my first custom. Purchased both figures today, and  have the neck sanded and head popped on!!! Plus, I did it  all by my little 'ol self ;D

congrats Jenn   , as Obi Wan said himself   "you have just taken your first steps into a larger world"
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2011, 05:36:12 AM »
I have a suggestion I thought about right before I went to sleep last night. Would you mind if I picked out a couple of the great customs we have  seen here on the Yards within a time frame you designate (I could send you one to two pics with info per week or more depending on your schedule) and I would handle all of the emailing. Jenn I could easily send you probaby five a week or more if you want more, but I don't want this to be a hassle for you as we just appreciate the exposure you give our fine folks.

As per the yanks, methinks someone is probably trying to drop a dime as your videos rock pretty much anything out there and no doubt someone who is very green (and I am not talking St. Patricks Day here) feels a bit inferior with their own videos compared to yours. Please don't let that stop the great videos you are doing. They really are great.

Drop me a pm about my idea. I won't be in the least offended if you don't like it.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 09:05:00 AM by Tamer »

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2011, 06:56:21 AM »
I give that idea a big thumbs-up if W/L is amenable.  (like you need *my* approval!) ;D

Offline wookielover1138

• The Kessel Run Review
  • Colonel
  • The First Lady of SW Collecting
    • Kessel Run Review
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2011, 12:21:31 PM »
Hi Wookilover,  I've watched all of your videos from the start and I cant see what the problem was with them being not family safe,to me they where fine. Keep up the good work and feel free to drop by my Youtube channel sometime.   :)

Thanks Fire, and I have stopped by your pages ;)

Offline wookielover1138

• The Kessel Run Review
  • Colonel
    • Kessel Run Review
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2011, 12:22:48 PM »
Uber-excited, just started working on my first custom. Purchased both figures today, and  have the neck sanded and head popped on!!! Plus, I did it  all by my little 'ol self ;D

congrats Jenn   , as Obi Wan said himself   "you have just taken your first steps into a larger world"

Thanks wraith!!!

Offline wookielover1138

• The Kessel Run Review
  • Colonel
    • Kessel Run Review
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2011, 12:36:08 PM »
@Doc - Thank you :) As far as the process, it's pretty detailed and planned out. We start writing the show as soon as we finish filming the previous one. We do not have shot lists, but everything else is pre-planned from the commercials to the customs!!! I pretty much am always thinking about the show and segments or skits to do. Lol, believe it or not Episode 1 was shot in the "fly by the seat of your pants" style as well(every other episode was written). Sometimes that is when the best work is done ;D We do put a lot of time in to them about a week for 1 installment, I wish I was working in the field. Thanks so much again for watching :)

@Tamer - That's so funny, and they won't stop me ;) I am definately going to PM you about that great idea!!!

Offline wookielover1138

• The Kessel Run Review
  • Colonel
    • Kessel Run Review
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2011, 01:03:15 PM »
Just wanted to let everyone know that "Episode 1 - Repacked" is now available for your viewing according to Family Friendly guidelines and it also has music I do have the rights to ;D

Offline wookielover1138

• The Kessel Run Review
  • Colonel
    • Kessel Run Review
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2011, 04:39:50 PM »
And now the Episode 2 - Repack is available ;)

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2011, 05:49:29 PM »
As far as the process, it's pretty detailed and planned out.

I was afraid you'd say that!  Well, the dedication and effort certainly show through in the finished product!

Offline wookielover1138

• The Kessel Run Review
  • Colonel
    • Kessel Run Review
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2011, 07:04:45 PM »
Lol, sorry and thank you very much! I keep a notepad with me wherever I go, that way Iu don't forget any good ideas and can build off of them ;) I look forward to see the progress in your work Doc, although it is aleady great :D

Offline wookielover1138

• The Kessel Run Review
  • Colonel
    • Kessel Run Review
« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2011, 07:36:02 PM »
Check out the Custom Cover of  Star Wars Insider, created for me by Kessel Run Imports ;D

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2011, 09:28:34 PM »
Love that cover!   ;D  *and* the "repacked" appelate - too funny.

I do the notebook thing too - ideas for customs, casting masters, story ideas, and so on go in. 

Glad you like what I've managed to pull together so far.  I think I'll spend time pre-planning my next vid a bit more.  I also bought "daylight" bulbs for the lights in PP-3, so next time things won;t be so ... dingy yellow.  That'll be an improvement right there!

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2011, 11:09:30 PM »
wow, super cool cover!! clever posing/composite, also love the teasers and especially the wording "underground star wars art..."   ;) we all are indeed somekind of "underworld" compared to the officials...