Author Topic: The Travesty of the Rocket Firing Fett in the UK  (Read 1611 times)

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
The Travesty of the Rocket Firing Fett in the UK
« on: October 03, 2010, 04:50:52 AM »
the mechanism that Habro UK are useing to give the UK collectors a chance to get the Rocket Firing Boba Fett  has beenposted on Rebelscum.com(forums),JediNews.co.uk and Theprivateuniverse.co.uk   and the fans are in a an uproar (Hasbro UK promised there would be plenty for all )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The wait is over, here is how us Brits can get hold of that Vintage rocket firing Boba Fett figure...

Star Wars 30th Anniversary Competition

To celebrate the 30th anniversary of The Empire Strikes back, Toys R Us have teamed up with Hasbro to offer you the chance to win 1 of 850 Star Wars Rocket Firing Boba Fett exclusive figures!

The bounty hunter Boba Fett first appeared on screen in The Empire Strikes Back movie and the action figure that was released generated excitement across the world.

Now, 30 years later Hasbro have re-created the original figure with the addition of an all important rocket firing feature! Based on the character from the classic films, this articulated action figure, his blaster accessory and his rocket firing backpack accessory come in a reproduction of the same packaging the original figure was released in.

Whether you’re recreating exciting battle scenes or building up your collection, the fun is sure to be ‘epic’!

How to Enter

Each time you purchase a Hasbro Star Wars Toy online between 4th October and 12th November 2010, you will be automatically entered into a prize draw to win one of these eagerly awaited exclusive figures.

View all qualifying products

It couldn't be easier:

1. Simply choose your Hasbro Star Wars item from our amazing range online.
2. Add your Star Wars product to your basket.
3. Check out as normal and be automatically entered into the draw.

Checking out the terms and conditions you will be glad to hear that you can multiple enter by multiple purchases.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the response has been overwhelmly negative  ,1) its online only and TRU's P+P is bloody expensive ,2)850!  only 850!!  and its a bloody lottery!  so you have to buy online ,pay P+P and then its pot luck !   ,to say UK fans are unhappy is an understatement .......
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: The Travesty of the Rocket Firing Fett in the UK
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 06:23:42 AM »
Man if this isn't a load of crap. If hasbro keeps this up the UK collectors are going to quit collecting.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 02:46:35 PM »
Wow, I don't know what to say. Daggone say it ain't so!

Offline JonCC-1004

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 07:15:44 PM »
Thats probably why right now on Brianstoys.com its freaking going for $80.00 bucks. I have seen side sales of MOC ones going for 40.00 bucks.  I order three here in the US and so far only one has shown up. I did not know what you guys in the UK are going through till I read this and thats a freakin JOKE.
850 for all of the UK totally nuts, and having to buy on line to enter also could crush some collector who get this only uses cash to buy.  Not to mention crushing the local stores. Thats bad for sales all around. 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 05:42:25 AM »
For the life of me I don't know what Hasbro is doing in regards to foreign toy sales. They are literally closing their markets.

I would think Hasbro would want to expand their overseas market seeing there is such huge demand.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 06:40:03 PM »
Well...it's better than a kick in the rear...No, wait it IS a kick in the rear.  That's terrible. 

And leave it to BriansToys to try to cash in on another collector's misfortune.  $80?  Good grief.

There's probably legitimate business reasons behind Hasbro doing it this way; but it sure doesn't make it easier to swallow.  My first thought was that it would've been better to just stick with the "while supplies last" motto and not disclose how many had been allocated to the UK.  Of course you'd still run the risk of a "British BriansToys" trying to do the same thing to their fellow collector anyway.   As terrible as it sounds, a drawing SHOULD at least prevent a few early scalpers from buying up the meager supply and then gouging people.

Ironically, I gave Hasbro (the US division as it turns out) praise in another Fett mail-away thread.  Hasbro's foreign divisions apparently need some work.