Author Topic: R1bb1t's Star Wars Room  (Read 11709 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Re: R1bb1t's Star Wars Room
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2009, 02:27:11 PM »
*clank*....  *crash*....   that was my jaw hitting my computer... and then me falling out of my chair out of amazement.   I wish I had the space to do this!  When I was young I had almost all the first few waves of action fleet ships and I prominently displayed them hung from the ceiling just like yours are. 

Doing something like this is actually both mine and my wife's dream... 

there is a guy in town that a friend of mine has told me about that actually wants to open a buisness or building which would be housed in a warehouse and have nothing but HUGE di0ramas set up for kids and star wars enthusiests to come and play with.  From my understanding he would have the entire thing set up with action figures included in the dios that could be played with As well as allow kids to bring their own figures to play with.   I think it's a good idea but honestly don't think that here in boondocks western ky there would be enough people interested in something like that to make it a full fleged self sustaining buisness....

but hell, I'd pay to play in your basement!  ;D

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2009, 02:34:10 PM »
If that guy opens up shop, Devon, you have got to get us some pictures!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2009, 02:41:14 PM »
Yepper, I would love to do a little of this alongside my boxed and carded stuff. I love the layout of this too.

Offline Rodger

• WoodGuy
  • Commander
  • Jedi Master of Wood and Light
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2009, 05:05:10 PM »
Simply Awesome..

Am much Impressed  !!
The New Sandcrawler Workshop on Facebook

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2009, 05:17:01 PM »
 R1,

I think we've seen enough.....your Alladin's cave is so awesome it's messing with my monitor....

Always a pleasure to see your collection and dio's, it has to be the best concentation of Star Wars figures and playthings in the Galaxy, nay in the Universe...which is pretty freaky if you think about it!

You are a geeks hero! which makes you my hero too!

Luv ya!

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2009, 07:24:02 PM »
Sorry that I'm always so late with replies. Work and family, you know.

i thought it couldnt get anymore gob smacking! but it does!

Thanks so much, Astromech God.

Totally agree! These rock!

Thanks again, Serg. I really appreciate it.

*clank*....  *crash*....   that was my jaw hitting my computer... and then me falling out of my chair out of amazement.   I wish I had the space to do this!  When I was young I had almost all the first few waves of action fleet ships and I prominently displayed them hung from the ceiling just like yours are. 

Doing something like this is actually both mine and my wife's dream... 

there is a guy in town that a friend of mine has told me about that actually wants to open a buisness or building which would be housed in a warehouse and have nothing but HUGE di0ramas set up for kids and star wars enthusiests to come and play with.  From my understanding he would have the entire thing set up with action figures included in the dios that could be played with As well as allow kids to bring their own figures to play with.   I think it's a good idea but honestly don't think that here in boondocks western ky there would be enough people interested in something like that to make it a full fleged self sustaining buisness....

but hell, I'd pay to play in your basement!  ;D

Thanks so much.I think that if the guy from your town carried through with his idea, then that would be awesome for the people who visited. Here's some fun facts about my room:
Cost:25K+
Figure count:3000+
Vehicle count:300+
Amt. of Tattooine buildings:25
How much did I pay for my TIE Defender @ a flea market:$10
Jawa count:50+
Sandtrooper count:70+
Moisture Vaporator count:20
Figs you can't even see because I don't have room to display:300+
ATAT+ATST count:13(6 ATAT/7 ATST)
Beast count:60+
Drywall screws used:250+
Ft. of fish line used:500+
Lbs. of neglected dust:?????
Total count of figs/vehicles/beasts/playsets/etc.:4000+

Thanks again.

If that guy opens up shop, Devon, you have got to get us some pictures!

No doubt. I'd love to see em.

Yepper, I would love to do a little of this alongside my boxed and carded stuff. I love the layout of this too.

Thanks so much for putting my collection on the main page, again. You have no idea how good it made me feel to see that. I really mean it.
Thank you.

Simply Awesome..

Am much Impressed  !!

Rodger, your work is legendary, and it is truly an honor to have you view my room, let alone reply. Thank you sir. I love your work. Everything you touch turns to gold.
Thanks again.

R1,

I think we've seen enough.....your Alladin's cave is so awesome it's messing with my monitor....

Always a pleasure to see your collection and dio's, it has to be the best concentation of Star Wars figures and playthings in the Galaxy, nay in the Universe...which is pretty freaky if you think about it!

You are a geeks hero! which makes you my hero too!

Luv ya!

Jules, I love you too. Always good to hear from you. Thanks for all of the love.

Again, thanks everyone. You all are far too kind, and I appreciate everything.

Barry

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2009, 09:00:25 PM »
YOU ARE DEAD! you paid 10$ for your tie defender! OMG... I will track you down and I am going to steel it...  I paid 120 bucks for mine if I remember right... gah.  It was worth it though, I'd wanted one of those since I first saw one... we were house shopping in penn. one year my familly though we were going to move and I saw it sitting in some kid's room in a house that we were looking at buying....  I'd never seen one in the store ANYWHERE and have only ever seen the one in person...  :( 

I've been wanting to do a full sized 3.75 scale tie defender but don't have to cash to spare on the parts.  Don't guess you or anyone else would want to sacrifice a tie body and three or four vintage darth vader tie fighter wings?... interceptor wings might work too.... 

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2009, 09:27:44 PM »
What's really bad, is, I saw many TIE Defenders and E Wings at retail for 10 bucks each, but passed, until years later, when I just thought it would go well with my 50+ Action Fleet OTC focus.
But, what's really sick, is, that I saw the Executor on clearance for $6, and passed. I didn't like the scale compared to the Star Destroyer and the Tantive IV.
Saw the Executor again, about 6 months ago, boxed, in a comic shop for 40 bucks. Passed again, but turned a friend onto the info, which he quickly grabbed.
I've never been in this for the money. I grab what I like, and pass on the rest.

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2009, 10:17:30 PM »
i never got the defender  but my mate dave sent me a mint E-wing for nothing!
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2009, 10:33:26 PM »
Sweet score, Jay. I regret not picking that one up. :(

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2009, 11:02:08 AM »
GAH i've been trying to track down a good e-wing for years...  almost every loose one that I see online has parts missing :(.  I wish I had my action fleet collection out to take a photo of, right now it's at my parents house in a box.  I just have a few set up in my current home's bedroom.  I had almost the entire otc collection of ships minus the e-wing and a few others, plus several of the prequel stuff.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2009, 11:19:45 AM »
the E-wing i got was utterly mint plus he sent me the blue Y-wing and the rogue 2 s/speeder all mint condition
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2009, 09:48:43 PM »
hey i thought i commented here but must not have hit "post" but i will say it again holy Crap!!! i wish i could set my room in a way for dioramas like you have done... simply amazing mate!!! whats it like having Tatooine in your own home??? if it was like "Toy Story" of "Night At the Museum" that's one room i would love to watch interacting with one another

great work buddy and nice pics
thanks for sharing

Trevor

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2009, 10:04:18 PM »
Thanks so much, Trevor. I really appreciate your time and comments.
As far as oyur question, "whats it like having Tatooine in your own home??? ", it's very cool.
I really enjoy just looking at it. It kinda takes me away. It's not too difficult to recreate. A hundred lbs. or so of sand,
some buildings and mirrors, and you're set. You definitely have the figures to populate a city of this size.
Thanks again, mate.

Barry

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2009, 09:13:22 AM »
hehe - I think he could populate the Death Star!

Barry, do you do much in the way of figure rearranging in your room?  I mean, I think I'd spend time in there looking and dreaming and then before long I'd be rearranging guys into new poses and micro-stories.