Imperial Creative Engineering > Custom Questions

Custom Rex with new Hasbro Clone Body?

(1/1)

MandoMuggle:
Has anyone done a Captain Rex with the new Kamino Clone body?

Im thinking about it but i like the Black Series Rex too much to do it.

Also think it works nicely in canon since Rex combined phase 1 and 2 armors for himself which gives me an excuse for having different looking clone figures on display.

Decisions!

Should I combine my current Rex with the new clone body?

Darth More:
Good question, I'm not deep in The Black Series, but bought a couple Rexies of the first run when StarActionFigures had them on sale for 10 GPB. The second run sold right through for 20, but the new one with Poncho is still up for pre-order there.

Have you looked in these various Facebook groups, yet? Couldn't find any specific idea on YouTube in my 2 minute research. CenturionsCorner or Ka-bashed Figures might be helpful to inspire.

Personally, I would buy a bootleg Clone with the new body from ebay or AliExpress. They're about $16. Then, I'd get a resin cast or 3D print of Rex' helmet, pauldron and holster-belt. There are so many great sources out there. Star Wars: A Custom 1:12 Galaxy is just one of them.

Second option is to buy a new Clone Body e.g. the Kamino Clone or 212th Clone Trooper (are there any more at the moment?) and the new BB Rex and combine both. But that's probably the option you already came up with. Hope my comment was at least a little helpful...
Yeah, if you get the first version of Rex anywhere cheap, I'd go with this one.

The Kamino Clone is probably the cheapest to go with when it comes to availability. Best regards & good luck with your project!

Tamer:
I think it would look pretty cool. I do like that Pulsecon Rex I have though. I try to collect only OT Characters in the Black Series line I like, but I do like getting the different Clone Commanders.

Philipp has sure given some great advice too on how to do it as cheaply as possible.

I can so see folks just getting 3D Printers and making parts they want.

MandoMuggle:

--- Quote from: Darth More on August 28, 2021, 12:50:17 AM ---Good question, I'm not deep in The Black Series, but bought a couple Rexies of the first run when StarActionFigures had them on sale for 10 GPB. The second run sold right through for 20, but the new one with Poncho is still up for pre-order there.

Have you looked in these various Facebook groups, yet? Couldn't find any specific idea on YouTube in my 2 minute research. CenturionsCorner or Ka-bashed Figures might be helpful to inspire.

Personally, I would buy a bootleg Clone with the new body from ebay or AliExpress. They're about $16. Then, I'd get a resin cast or 3D print of Rex' helmet, pauldron and holster-belt. There are so many great sources out there. Star Wars: A Custom 1:12 Galaxy is just one of them.

Second option is to buy a new Clone Body e.g. the Kamino Clone or 212th Clone Trooper (are there any more at the moment?) and the new BB Rex and combine both. But that's probably the option you already came up with. Hope my comment was at least a little helpful...
Yeah, if you get the first version of Rex anywhere cheap, I'd go with this one.

The Kamino Clone is probably the cheapest to go with when it comes to availability. Best regards & good luck with your project!

--- End quote ---

$16 for figure!? I wish!

Theyre all pretty expensive regardless of the different deco’d figs out there

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version