Author Topic: Hello from Yet another cellar dweller from Canada, newbie customizer  (Read 1109 times)

Offline Rancor Scat

• Ensign
Afternoon everyone,
I'm brand new not only to the forum but also to customizing.
I'm a hardcore Star Wars nerd from  the seventies that grew up prior to vcr's, DVD's etc... Saw the first movie in the back of the family station wagon at the drive in at a tender and impressionable age of 7. Can't lie I've been hooked ever since. Unlike a lot of the purest I thoroughly enjoyed the three prequels as well. I know booooooooooo. And I'm very excited for the future the franchise holds.
Having unearthed the little metal box that contained my few remnants of my early childhood figures out of my basement about a year ago I've started down the dark path. Now I have about twelve feet of display shelving and a separate room for tinkering and customizing.
I had zero background in doing anything like this prior to starting. Never even built a model in my life.  But after spending a lot of time looking at all the amazing work of some amazing people on here I wanted to give it a go.
Biggest challenge besides the No skill set what so ever was in acquiring the shear volumes of fodder in which to get started.
I've never played any of the video games nor have I ever read any of the comic book however that hasn't stopped me from finding so many cool and inquest characters to make. I'm having a lot of fun doing it and want to share some of it with you.
Looking forward to making some friends,
Cheers,
Chris
AKA Rancor Scat

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hello from Yet another cellar dweller from Canada, newbie customizer
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 07:05:59 PM »
Welcome to ISY. It is great to hear you are getting into customizing. You have just entered a larger world. Welcome to the family!