Author Topic: super articulation services  (Read 15214 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
super articulation services
« on: January 21, 2010, 03:17:08 PM »
Do your boring old stock figures stand static on your selves? EVERY SINGLE one of them in the same boring position!?  Then do I have the solution for you!!!!!!

Spudafett's super articulation services will customize your figures into super posable super articulated UBER figures!

Projects available (details in requirements for each project listed seperately in this thread)
1: at-at driver
2: Snowtrooper
3: scout trooper
4: Imperial scout Commando
5: Kashyyyk trooper
6: Boba Fett
7: Jango Fett
8: Misc. Mandalorian Variant
9: Animated Clone wars Clone trooper super articulation ARF SWAP
10:  General Veers
11:  Galactic Marine

Heres what you do:

I will post an ingredients list for each figure that I have made.  You will then go out and find these figures, pm me for my address, and send them to me.  If you cannot find the figures required to make the customized figure then I will aquire them myself and you can pay-pal me the money to offset my cost of purchasing the figures.**  Once I get the figures I have listed I will go to work on super articulating them and I will send back the finished figure.****

If you have a star wars figure that has a ball jointed torso (this is a requirement) that I have not attempted to super articulate and would like me to try then pm me about it and I'll see if I can't give it a shot.  These type of projects will be evaluated on an individual basis and may require compensation for parts purchased that wind up not being used, since a new figure project will be basically a guessing game for me until I find the correct combination that looks good.

I have a feeling this might get pretty popular so there are some things I will do to make this worth my while.
** if I have to find the figures I will need to be compensated for the cost of the figures as well as the extra trouble of finding them.  I will charge $2.00 extra for every figure I have to find and purchase. 
**** if you send me figures to use I will be keeping any left over fodder from the project,  I would prefer to get the accessories for any joe figure that is being used, I will consider this compensation for doing the project since I am not trying to make money from these figures.

ANYTHING that I purchase and am not compensated for will void the project and I will offer the finished figure for sale elsewhere.  (SO if you send me one figure, but expect me to find the other one, and don't pay me for it don't expect to get your original figure back.)

Please keep in mind that I'm not trying to make money off of you guys.  But I am expecting to at the least break even and not LOSE money.   I am offering this service ONLY to members of ISY and any figures I sell on e-bay or elsewhere will be marked up to make a profit.   

ok, the next few posts will outline what figures I'd need for each individual project (keep in mind also that these are not the only figures I can attempt.

Read through the posts on each figure, use the parts I point out and make it yourself....
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 03:15:52 PM by spudafett »

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
Re: super articulation services
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 04:01:18 PM »
Super articulated AT-AT Driver:

Your final product may vary from stock image!

INGREDIENT LIST:
1 legacy collection at-at driver:

EITHER
1 Rise of Cobra General Hawk:

OR
1 rise of cobra sgt. Stone:

OCCASIONALLY I will list multiple gi-joe figures which can be used to make the final figure because multiple joe figures will use the same, or similar enough parts so that multiple figures are avalable with the parts I'll need.  I will list as many variations of gi-joe figures that I can since some figures may not be available where as others that will work well also are available.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 04:09:28 PM »
You are the man, Devin, to offer your sensational services to the shipyarders like this. Dude, your super arty figures are just so cool, I hope you arn't swamping yourself with this. I can imagine a bunch of people wanting this service.

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 04:14:15 PM »
Cool idea, buddy.
If you happen to get a pile of Hawk's pistol belt/holster and weapons, lemme know...
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 04:16:41 PM »
Super articulated SnowTrooper:

***Final product may vary from above image!

Ingredient list:
1 legacy collection snowtrooper:

Variants of this figure which has the ball jointed torso will also work, MUST HAVE THE BALL JOINTED TORSO

ONE of the following figures:

ROC viper commando:

ROC ELITE Viper:

ROC NEO Viper

25th RESOLUTE cobra trooper

EITHER the red cobra troopers or Duke from this resolute 5 pack

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 04:17:54 PM »
Cool idea, buddy.
If you happen to get a pile of Hawk's pistol belt/holster and weapons, lemme know...
If I wind up with any extra parts and pieces I'll let you know... for my next at-at driver that is using the hawk parts though I'm going to be leaving his belt/holster on there (I think).

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 04:22:54 PM »
You are the man, Devin, to offer your sensational services to the shipyarders like this. Dude, your super arty figures are just so cool, I hope you arn't swamping yourself with this. I can imagine a bunch of people wanting this service.

If I begin to get swamped I may ask for a little bit of compensation... but for now, I want to do it for the fun of it and to get some of my customs out there.  Nothing would make me happier than getting my customs out for others to enjoy... and I've almost given up hope of making money from this hobby!

I may... if alot of people wind up asking for this... have to ask 3-5 bucks per figure extra to cover the cost of paints.  at 4.00 a bottle paint is getting expensive and the way I've set this up right now I'm not asking for any real compensation except for the left over fodder pieces and accessories.... but that doesn't pay for more paint. lol

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 05:21:05 PM »
Well this helps me a lot Devin. I wish I had found this earlier. There are pics for everything. Thanks so much for the service. I know I want one each of the atat driver and snowtroopers and am kicking myself now for not picking up those messed card snowtroops I found a few weeks ago. I did find I had one extra new atat driver when I thought I only had two (one each of the new cards), but I need to figure out if the saga 2 atat drivers have the torso you need.

Also Yarders, for the most part the Joe figs in my area are peg sitters and I can probably find the figs to do these projects if Devin is getting hassled too much. Lets try to just not use up his gas and time finding figs in stores, but just working on these great customs. I know I plan on paying a bit extra more than Devin wants as working on customs is essentially artwork and when you buy a piece of art you need to reward the artist imo, but please do not abuse this service and expect something for nothing all the time. Time and paint nonwithstanding, everyone customizing deserves a bit of compensation.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 05:48:53 PM »
thanks tamer, I appreciate that.  But for me, I love doing the work as an artist.  I love working with my hands and building the figure more than I like displaying it.  For me the reward is in the tangible work put into the project as I'm working on it.  That's why I love being able to offer this kind of deal to you guys.  I like working on my figures, and if you guys like to display them then I want them displayed somewhere where people other than myself will enjoy them (and hopefully play with them!).  I just don't get the satisfaction from a display only figure that I do from building/playing with it.  Which is the main reason I like adding articulation to figures... when I buy a toy I want it to be an action figure, not a statuette!

By the way... I found out that ONLY the new version of the at-at driver, the 2009 legacy collection wave 12 version, is the only driver with the ball jointed torso. 
There is a Vintage Thirty-aniversary Collection Snowtrooper which is the same sculpt as the new Legacy collection version though!

ok... back to figureing out what parts I've used on my other SA customs....

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 06:14:03 PM »
super articulated scout trooper/ Imperial Commando / Kashyyyk trooper:

Any attempts to remake these figures will yeild entirely different results than my originals pictured above.  Since i've made these figures my techniques have improved and I have been able to better blend together the joe and star wars legs.

This set of figures will use basically the same parts for each figure since they are all very similar styles.
Depending on which scout is to be made I'll need the original star wars figure of each making sure that each has a ball jointed torso in the chest/gut area (again most of the newest versions have this).  The Imp. Commando is only offered in the evolutions pack.  there are different variations on the kashyyyk trooper as well that can be used, the comic pack faie for example.

GI-JOES:
The torsos and legs from any one of these joes can be used:

25th RESOLUTE cobra trooper

EITHER the red cobra troopers or Duke from this resolute 5 pack

I like the figures listed above the best, but other figures can be used, there are some ROC figures that have similar enough parts.
the neo vipers and other viper figures could be used to make these with decent results as well.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 06:26:06 PM »
super articulated boba fett (ESB/ROTJ style OR holliday debut available)

Star wars figure:
either a Fett Evolutions Boba Fett  OR 2009 legacy collection single carded boba fett.  Both these figures have a ball jointed torso.

this is a very intricate custom which utilizes a very specific combination of gi-joe parts.

The hips from a 25th aniversary Resolute Cobra Commander:
  (also available in the resolute 5 pack which I listed already in a previous post)

the thighs from a paraviper:

the knee pads from a resolute duke (5-pack)  * This is not a necesarry deail and other knee joints can be used.

The lower legs of a paris persuit snake eyes:

OR the lower legs from a Wild Bill figure:

all other details on the legs are removed from the original boba figure. 

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010, 06:35:26 PM »
super articulated mandalorian variant:

this is a catch all post for any NON cannon mandalorian super articulated customs.  They WILL NOT, I repeat WILL NOT resemble the figures above.  those specific figures have unique accessories which make them what they are.  However, the basics in their articulation can make thousands of variations of super articulated mandos.

there are only two requirements for you to have me make your own unique super articulated mando that only you will have.

I need a stock boba fett or jango fett from the Fett Evolutions pack OR the 2009 legacy collection series.

I then need a Resolute Cobra Commander for it's hips. 

I will then need YOU to pick out another gi-joe who's legs you would like to use on the figure.  I will need the legs to be from one figure to ensure that there are not any complications with splicing together mismatched parts.     

In this particular project I will not paint the figure but leave the painting up to you.  This is a unique project in that you will be finishing the figure and personalizing the custom.
(I will paint the figure to a basic color scheme for a negotiable fee) ::)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010, 07:13:42 PM »
super articulated Jango Fett:

This figure requires at least an Evolutions Jango Fett OR a legacy collection repack of the same figure.
The Belt on this figure does not include the cod piece, if this accuracy is important to you then you need to find an "apartment jango".  you will also need a set of removable shin armor to use on the figure.  However this is not necessary...

the joe torso needed for this is again a Resolute Cobra Commander.  (pictured previously in this thread) OR the torso from the cobra comander in the ultimate battles box set which so happens to include the second needed joe figure:

the legs used for this are from a 25th aniversary "major Bludd" from the dvd 4 pack:

This set is fairly decent, as I could use all the figures in this set except for the ninja (and even then I'm sure i'd use some of him too) for other projects.  The cobra commander in this set can be used for the torso of jango instead of the resolute cobra commander.  IF you want me to do this project and can find this box set then it'd be your best bet.

if you cannot find this box set of figures then other joe figure's legs can be used as improvisations,  the best secondary figures for this would be any of these zartan variants with these legs

or any other single carded major bludd with similar legs
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 07:33:22 PM by spudafett »

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 07:15:57 PM »
Super Articulated Clone Wars animated Clone

no pictures....

basically this will require the base figure that you want super articulated, and then an arf trooper.  this isn't the same procedure but it's simple enough and I feel that it'll be popular enough that I'm including it.

So, say you want a super arty rex, or cody, get me a stock figure of either one and then a stock arf trooper and I'll do the work required to splice them together.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010, 07:31:18 PM »
here is one that I haven't done but would be willing to try.
Super Articulated general Veers.

I'd need a stock general veers for the removable armor, head, and helmet and shirt tail...

I would then use the body and arms of a wild bill:

along with the legs of a destro figure: