Author Topic: The Latest from Tunghori  (Read 97075 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: The Latest from Tunghori
« Reply #330 on: March 04, 2022, 03:56:59 PM »
TungHori re-listed the second Jawa of 2014's Black Series 2-Pack:

https://www.tunghori.com/starwars

The Rebe Fleet Troopers are also back in stock!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #331 on: March 04, 2022, 04:04:13 PM »
Let's take a closer look at TungHori's recent reliability and quality. Instead of the Razor Crest Mandalorian I received the top of a silver pen. Also some photo-real deco was applied less accurate to make some figures look far off...

By now I almost always buy two of the same character so that I can choose from the best paint apps. Bo-Katan is a prime example of how much bad luck one can have with samples from TungHori. At this point I'm absolutely positive that the majority of units he sells are error samples for minor or major reasons. Unfortunately both helmets come without the second double-ball joint. So I'll need tweezers to display both.

The peg of this backpack isn't casted that well. Reminds me of my own casts. The result is that it doesn't have a strong fit and falls off quite easily. Well, and Bib's parts are not glued either which makes making a mold for me much easier so that's a win.

The Jawas are by far the biggest surprise to me (besides the pen cup). Three of five came with an opened egg, which only comes with the Razor Crest as far as I know, right? That screams for a couple new casts and some customizing to me. Also their hoods came unglued which allows a sneak-peek at their actual heads  0//

The headsculpt looks stunning and both eyes are applied perfectly, which almost makes up for the flaws on the armor. Claiming $27.99 for a sample like this feels pretty rude to me.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 05:04:29 PM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #332 on: March 05, 2022, 07:52:29 AM »
Wow, what a bunch of crap he sent you, well some of it.

I really appreciate you showing us what you got and commenting on all of it.

I so agree about what you should get for some of those prices.

Do you still plan on ordering from him again?

Off to share on the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #333 on: March 05, 2022, 06:15:21 PM »
Thanks for sharing. For a customizer having some not great paint applications or other problems may not be a big issue -especially if one is taking the figure apart. But...if this is the only way to try and get a version of a hard to get figure, its a major bummer, especially at high prices. I agree with you that the poor paint quality on your ARC is a shame at the price. I've only ordered from TungHori twice, and both times it was for figures to take apart, so I wasn't looking too closely at the details. I hope that if you continue to order from him, you will have a better experience in the future. I haven't checked yet, but the neck pegs from the Boss Fight Studios mini-blind bag kits, might work for your Bo-Katan helmets. I'll have to check it out and let you know.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #334 on: March 16, 2022, 02:17:47 AM »
Tamer: Thanks for the nice words. Well, it depends on how hard a figure is to find. By now availability here in Germany/Europe is quite well and at his current prices I rather buy the figures new. Many TVC figures are on discount at SmythsToys and other retailers once in a while. So TungHori is not my best source anymore especially my last orders were such a mess with missing figures, making me place another order to get them and then even receiving error samples with missing parts. The quality of his units has decreased since he left ebay. Maybe it's just the quality of facotory rejects he got lately. Who knows...

Starchaser: Hey, thanks for commenting! I agree, TungHori used to be  a if not THE source for customizers, but since his prices went up so much, it's hardly making the cut for me anymore...I decided to open a Bo Katan figure that I got new on damaged card instead...

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #335 on: March 16, 2022, 02:21:45 AM »
TungHori adds some TVC figures of the Sequel Trilogy to his store at cheaper prices:

Check them out here: https://www.tunghori.com/starwars

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #336 on: March 16, 2022, 02:26:48 AM »
TungHori re-lists two older TVC repacks. The Republic Trooper is $49.99 instead of $37.99 as it was before. Do you think it might be the upcoming Disney/Pulse exclusive photo-realistic version? To me they look like the original releases telling by their eyes.

Take a closer look at them here: https://www.tunghori.com/starwars

« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 02:31:32 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #337 on: March 16, 2022, 03:09:07 AM »
Wow, now that is a large price on the RT. Thanks for sharing this.

Off to the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #338 on: March 16, 2022, 04:47:54 PM »
Yeah, that Republic Trooper price is beyond high. I'm far too cheap (or maybe it's just sticking to a budget) to that kind of price for any Star Wars figure. Kenobi's not too bad, especially if you want to use the body for customs.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 04:49:33 PM by Starchaser »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #339 on: March 18, 2022, 09:11:50 AM »
So he's got the Assault tank driver up again for 25 bucks. A year ago id be all over it, but I ordered 27 morak driver Din/Migs Mayfield to be my combat drivers.

Also he has deathstar gunners for the same price but remember, walmart is repacking them on a rotj card so, just sayin.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #340 on: March 19, 2022, 04:01:28 AM »
Yeah its good to remember whats coming out so you don't pay more than you need too.

Thanks for the reminder JDeck.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #341 on: April 03, 2022, 05:01:22 AM »
TungHori has re-listed three more army-builders over the course of the past couple weeks. Thank you JDeck for the hint!

Check them out here: https://www.tunghori.com/starwars

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #342 on: April 03, 2022, 06:12:03 AM »
Nice, time to take this to the front pages on a windy Sunday morning.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #343 on: April 03, 2022, 07:32:57 PM »
At least Commander Wolffe is close to reasonable. These after market/off market prices are crazy (and yes, I've the atrocious prices some people will pay on eBay). Philipp, have you ordered anything else from him recently? Just curious after your last experience

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #344 on: April 04, 2022, 02:54:23 AM »
Ah maybe one day I will get the new Old Republic Trooper on a vintage card. Maybe, I getting past the point of caring too much. Maybe its my old age!