Author Topic: The Latest from Tunghori  (Read 97076 times)

Online Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: The Latest from Tunghori
« Reply #225 on: April 27, 2021, 02:25:21 PM »
I was surprised to see that I could add VC186 Boba Fett and VC184 Grogu to the cart for the very first time. So TungHori still re-stocks them as long as they're listed on his website.

If you're interested, I wish you luck to get your samples while supplies last!

https://www.tunghori.com/starwars?sort=newest

Both are still available as of this post. Mr Greef Karga is gone already, but Bespin Leia and Zutton are still there as well.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #226 on: April 28, 2021, 10:14:18 AM »
I wonder if he still sells on the bay?

Thanks for the update.

Online Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #227 on: May 01, 2021, 02:22:20 PM »
I'm sure he does not because the bay p'ed him off. He usually doesn't express any emotions or gives away further background information, but he was really upset about ebay when he left.

Right now VC186 Boba and the little green guy with pram are back in stock!

https://www.tunghori.com/starwars

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #228 on: May 03, 2021, 02:01:37 PM »
Still no more arc troopers. I think those are done

Glad I grabbed some. Haven’t seen enough to pull another trigger yet but all it would take would be another good figure or two

He still owes me an arc helmet

Online Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #229 on: May 08, 2021, 05:55:43 PM »
Still no more arc troopers. I think those are done

Glad I grabbed some. Haven’t seen enough to pull another trigger yet but all it would take would be another good figure or two

He still owes me an arc helmet

Well, I think as long as he got them listed, they might be still available. You might get lucky by sending him a message. I did the same thing even a day after I made my purchase. The notification of shipment was already in box when I asked him for TVC Greef Karga because he's constantly sold out...and he was still able to add one to my order, which arrived yesterday - 10 days after I paid for my latest order:

This time around the cardboard box arrived quite damaged. The German customs might have taken a closer look inside.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 06:11:56 AM by Darth More »

Online Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #230 on: May 08, 2021, 05:57:23 PM »
tunghori added two more figures to his shop.

- TCW CW11 Republic Commando "Boss"
- TBS P.2 2014 #26 Darth Vader (Revenge of the Sith)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #231 on: May 08, 2021, 10:02:47 PM »
Honestly though the ROTS Vader is the best Vader in many ways. As soon as I saw this and it and added to my cart, which consisted of army buders and figures for customs, i checked out. Thanks for the reminder.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #232 on: May 09, 2021, 05:30:06 AM »
Bet you that Boss doesn't stay in stock long. Thanks for the info Philipp.

Online Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #233 on: May 09, 2021, 06:16:57 AM »
Just added the picture of my "last plus one extra" order above. It arrived after 10 days even though I asked tunghori to add one more figure a day after payment! Amazing.

JDeck: I agree! And I don't think I have this Vader in my collection, yet. So need to get him especially he's based on his appearance in Revenge of the Sith! Glad you could secure one in time!  0/

Tamer: I agree, especially since Boss comes with two (extra) pistols! Still, I'm sure if the figures are still listed, you can send tunghori a message to ask if the "out of stock" figure can still be added to your order. Worked at my last order, too.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #234 on: May 09, 2021, 06:34:43 AM »
Lost some time looking this morning. Dude has a lot of great figures in stock. Alas the days of cheap fodder seem to be over though. Wow, the price on that Gamo Guard had me choking for a few seconds. Still, guess it must be decent compared to what the going rate is I guess. The RC was still in stock.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #235 on: May 09, 2021, 07:38:22 AM »
Yeah I dropped $120 last night on these figures. Got that ROTS Vader. Im disappointed that Hasbro didn't retool that figure for the R1 Vader. Instead they used the same tired sculpt. The ROTS Vader I had, I tried to make an "Ultimate Vader", but the parts didn't fit very well and he basically was a statue, which isn't very Ultimate, so this one im going to leave alone. Also git a couple more ATST drivers stormtrooper lukes, yakface , brock starsher and boushh leia to have as regular boushh for my bounty hunter crew.

Online Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #236 on: May 10, 2021, 01:24:27 PM »
TBS #31 Republic Trooper joins the club! I remember getting a concert ticket for that price!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #237 on: May 11, 2021, 02:24:12 AM »
Wow, the fan favorite rerelease is already there. Tunghori makes money off of peoples' impatience.

Off to share on the front pages.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 02:27:57 AM by Tamer »

Online Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #238 on: May 15, 2021, 05:28:59 AM »
Yes, but as far as I know it's a Pulse exclusive. So collectors in the UK will be lucky, too!
I suppose Tunghori follows the Star Wars news closely. And these are obviously the cancelled/lost/Italian etailer exclusive Black Series versions of the Republic (Havoc) Trooper.

Sometimes I wonder how many units are stored in the factories. I can imagine tipper wagons full of figures that were not packed/didn't pass quality control. I'm pretty certain that's part of the source for Tunghori.
But I doubt the factories will just print the photo-real deco on possible left over units. It'll probably be cheaper to just produce a new run of units.

I remember when I asked Tughori for TLC Shaak Ti (TFU), some rare Astromech Droids and TLC Jaina Solo. He sometimes has figures which he wouldn't list in his store. Must have been 2014 or so and he charged me $20 each. It were 7 figures for $140 extra, felt expensive back in the day, but every time I look at them now, makes me happy to have them.
I wonder how much he charges for his figures under the counter today...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #239 on: May 15, 2021, 07:11:28 AM »
Back when we were podcasting I always thought it would be fun to have a good ole talk just about Tunghori and how he gets his stuff and continues to get away with selling Hasbro's rejects which we can only assume they are.

I kind of figured they would eventually put a stop to it, but evidently Hasbro can't touch him.