Author Topic: The Dark Knight Rises  (Read 3361 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
The Dark Knight Rises
« on: May 28, 2011, 08:43:44 PM »
The main villain has been revealed and cast for the 3rd movie in the rebooted Batman franchise: Bane, the brutal villain who in the comics broke Bruce Wayne's spine, making him a paraplegic.  Of course, Bruce got better, but still, Bane's incredibly strong, so this could be interesting.  Although, in the comics, he's pretty dumb (all brawn, no brains), so it remains to be seen if he has any help or not.  I'm amped for this one to hit, because I've loved this new reboot.

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
Re: The Dark Knight Rises
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 07:56:00 AM »
i don't really call these batman flicks by Chris Nolan reboots,i like to think of them more as his take on the dark knight,just as Tim burton had his take(Joel shumachers films don't count,they just plain sucked,although BM-Forever wasn't too bad),but i am so looking forward to seeing this.their is suppose to be the full trailer out during M.I.4.hope so,and should reveal more of the characters involved,and a bit of the plot,can't believe we gotta wait till next summer,that seems like forever,hopefully catwoman is cool as well,but i wonder if Anne hathaway can pull it off,i like her a lot,but who knows how she'll play it,I've seen the costume,and not that impressed.let's hope for the best(fingers crossed).

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 10:41:52 PM »
July 20th is coming fast, but not fast enough!  AMC Theaters are running a showing of Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and then The Dark Knight Rises for $25 on July 19th (into the 20th).  If I wasn't on shift, I'd so be there!  Still, looks like I'll be getting off work and heading straight to the theater for this!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 06:30:47 AM »
So sad about the shooting that happened in Colorado last night. Evidently the 24 year old gunmen ran into the theatre, popped off at least one smoke grenade perhaps more, emptied a shotgun and then went up the aisles using his rifle. Thankfully there were two officers there doing crowd control for the movie and it sounds like he just pretty much surrendered. I bet those police officers were hoping he would resist arrest.

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 05:54:38 PM »
So sad about the shooting that happened in Colorado last night. Evidently the 24 year old gunmen ran into the theatre, popped off at least one smoke grenade perhaps more, emptied a shotgun and then went up the aisles using his rifle. Thankfully there were two officers there doing crowd control for the movie and it sounds like he just pretty much surrendered. I bet those police officers were hoping he would resist arrest.
I agree with you there, Shawn.  Quite sad; I was reading an article about the incident on Yahoo, and I was just apalled by what had happened.  Rest in peace to those who lost their lives.  May the victims' families and friends find solace in this sad time, and I hope justice will be served. 
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline Wookie-Balls

• Commodore
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 10:00:32 PM »
My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by yesterday's tragedy in Colorado.

Amen.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 05:51:12 AM »
What is sad is that the focus is not on the victims and their families, but the tool who killed all those poor people and people who are out to pursue their own political agendas. It makes me ill to see what folks are lining up to make a name for themselves out of this.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 06:02:29 PM by Tamer »

Spookymufu

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 08:57:26 AM »
I saw this on the news last night and was saddened that the gunman didnt take his own life like others have done, now we have to waste all this money to sentence and house him until they juice him....

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 07:12:45 PM »
I took the wife to see this today and was very impressed. It turned out a lot better than I thought it would and made for a perfect trilogy of films. I would love to watch  all of em back to back if I could stand to sit in one place for 7 hrs.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2012, 08:19:26 AM »
I thought, the ending was the absolute best anyone could possibly ask for.  Since I don't want to spoil anything for anyone, I'll continue to bite my tongue, but suffice to say, the last 3 minutes are some of the most powerful and rewarding moments of a movie I may have ever seen.  Not to mention, this could play in very well with Christopher Nolan's plans for a 4th Batman, or possibly into the works for Justice League.  Knowing that Nolan is also helming the Superman reboot, Man of Steel, I'm already drooling!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2012, 08:55:13 AM »
Glad to hear it. I might try to go see this this week if I can find a date! ;D

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2012, 04:27:16 AM »
It's a great movie and I'm going to see it again tomorrow evening. Nolan took his time telling the trilogy's final installment. Bane takes a bit getting used to, but he's a great opponent for Batman. Personally, I thought the last few scenes were a bit rushed and thrown together and the very final scene a bit of a letdown.

The actors all put down great performances. I was very impressed with Hathaway's and Levitt's performances. Bale, Freeman, Oldman and Caine were already one with their characters. Hardy also did great as Bane.

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2012, 02:06:11 PM »
Wanna see it!
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot