Author Topic: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com [YEAR ONE w/END OF YEAR VIDEO]  (Read 64987 times)

Offline mercuryartstudios

• Ensign
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com [6/12/11]
« Reply #525 on: June 14, 2011, 10:40:51 AM »
Nice videos, DD. I put the MAS video on the front page.

DOUBLE D!! Man i dunno how many times i can say THANK YOU!! Those videos kick a$$ like DOUBLE DRAGON!! Another double D FOR YA!! hahaha!!

ISY - Guy's thank you for being so cool about posting me on the front page, the warm welcome and all the kind words i have received in this forum make's me wanna keep coming and dropping more customs, So Guy's keep up the great work!!!

More stuff coming this week!!

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #526 on: June 14, 2011, 05:28:46 PM »
Glad to do it :)

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #527 on: June 14, 2011, 05:33:16 PM »
Just a quick custom action figure to keep the blog going.  I have a lot of works in progress, but none close to the done stage.  AAAGH!!

So here's an old one I never posted.  I wasn't sure if I liked him or not, but the blog needs a new figure this week and this is going to have to be it ;D

Jedi Master Chi was a true master of Force Speed when it came to hand to hand combat and was an instructor at the Jedi Temple. Master Chi later became a Rogue Jedi who abandoned the Order at the beginning of the Clone Wars. He refused to adopt the role of a general. As he handed in his lightsaber and walked out the Temple doors, he vowed to go wherever the Force led him and never looked back.

THE WANDERING JEDI

Master Chi was created from a Vintage Darth Sidious and the head of an Indiana Jones Mola Ram action figure. The hair is my first ever attempt at using Apoxie Sculpt.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com [6/14/11]
« Reply #528 on: June 14, 2011, 05:39:42 PM »
That hair looks great, DD. Looks like you worked that apoxi sculpt like a pro.

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #529 on: June 14, 2011, 07:50:27 PM »
cool custom and backstory

Offline SITHHAPPENS

• I LOVE IT WHEN A CUSTOM COMES TOGETHER!
  • Major
    • sanitariumcustoms.blogspot.com
« Reply #530 on: June 14, 2011, 08:12:26 PM »
great job on the sculpt dd!

Offline botwt

• Brigadier
    • Botwt's Star Wars Figure Collection
« Reply #531 on: June 15, 2011, 04:17:38 AM »
Really nice job on Master Chi!  :D

• Ensign
« Reply #532 on: June 15, 2011, 07:23:54 AM »
Jedi master CHI is cool looking!! Has the feeling of a ROGUE JEDI or Jedi that turned his back on the jedi ways and is out looking for adventure!!

The apoxie sculpt hari is phenomenal dude!! Little piece if advice if u ran into any problems while sculpting it...ALWAYS LET IT SIT for a few minutes to the point where it still bonds but its getting hard, apply and make the shape of the hair NO DETAILS once its cured the apply a little more apoxie and detail the hair its a slow process but it works.

Mike

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #533 on: June 15, 2011, 08:29:17 AM »
Thanks Everybody!

Jedi master CHI is cool looking!! Has the feeling of a ROGUE JEDI or Jedi that turned his back on the jedi ways and is out looking for adventure!!

The apoxie sculpt hari is phenomenal dude!! Little piece if advice if u ran into any problems while sculpting it...ALWAYS LET IT SIT for a few minutes to the point where it still bonds but its getting hard, apply and make the shape of the hair NO DETAILS once its cured the apply a little more apoxie and detail the hair its a slow process but it works.

Mike

Thanks Mike.  I have been trying to use that technique everytime I use the apoxie sculpt.  I try to create a skeleton first and then go back and build on the skeleton.  Unfortunately, it leaves me with a lot of half finished projects :)

• Ensign
« Reply #534 on: June 16, 2011, 02:02:33 AM »
Thanks Everybody!

Mike

Thanks Mike.  I have been trying to use that technique everytime I use the apoxie sculpt.  I try to create a skeleton first and then go back and build on the skeleton.  Unfortunately, it leaves me with a lot of half finished projects :)

I gotcha  man, skeletons or shells can be a pain, i like dong it for long haired babes or dudes but when its a short haired charaxter i usually sculpt on the go myself, i have buckled down with certain projects because i see daytons work (SITHFIRE ) and i know the potential of doing 100 times better is there...so hopefully i can start applying more sculpting to certain projects.

Keep up the great work man, you and your son are doing great don't let anything change that!!

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #535 on: June 16, 2011, 11:40:34 AM »
STOCOS28 ADDED TO "CUSTOMS I WISH I OWNED"

To see the video, click the link below:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2011/06/stocos28-added-to-customs-i-wish-i.html

Offline SITHHAPPENS

• I LOVE IT WHEN A CUSTOM COMES TOGETHER!
  • Major
    • sanitariumcustoms.blogspot.com
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com [6/16/11]
« Reply #536 on: June 16, 2011, 12:37:06 PM »
great video dd!!

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #537 on: June 17, 2011, 06:53:53 AM »
that's a very interesting figure DD
his hair looks great

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #538 on: June 18, 2011, 06:54:23 AM »
Great.  The head is very cool.

Offline lucasclones_strikes_back

• Clone Commander
  • Commander
  • THe skill and creativity of a 12 year old!
« Reply #539 on: June 18, 2011, 11:44:26 AM »
WHOA COOL  0/

I maybe little but i make one shot and one kill... At a cool custom-one more thing ITSA TRAP!