Author Topic: NFL 2009  (Read 17225 times)

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
Re: NFL 2009
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2009, 02:56:16 PM »
What a tough loss fo rmy Pack today, D played well but the offense was very spotty, still came down to the wire in an exciting game. Now I am watching teh Steelers hopefully beat the Bears.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2009, 03:01:42 PM »
What a tough loss fo rmy Pack today, D played well but the offense was very spotty, still came down to the wire in an exciting game. Now I am watching teh Steelers hopefully beat the Bears.

I can't get that game, but am following the score on Yahoo Stat tracker. Looks like a close game. I thought GB had that game well in hand several times and was quite surprised to see they didn't come away with it. Talk about some game. I though Ocho's leap was a travesty. I wish the GB fans had poured thier beer all over him.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2009, 05:46:16 PM »
Well my team lost too Wayne. Daggone Reed missed two field goals, one of em a not so hard thirty some yarder. I bet he is getting the cold shoulder on the way home now. Still, he has won a few of those types of games for us too, you take the good with the bad and vice versas sometimes. If only Pat was kicking my fantasy tail!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2009, 08:06:05 PM »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!! Another Chiefs loss? Crap.
  Heard about that Packer game. The wife was hating that we missed out on that one but was on top of the highlights when they appeared.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2009, 03:10:38 PM »
Another big game for Packer fans as the Monday nighter is nearing, Pack Vs Favre and the Vikes,  I am sure many fans who don't like either  team are feed up with hearing about this matchup. If the Packers O line holds and we stop AP, it may be a game.   We'll see.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2009, 03:41:43 AM »
That is gonna be one excellent game on so many levels. I bet it will be watched by millions. As for my team, I am just wanting a win at this point. It seems we are one dimensional with not much of a running game. Willie is now hurt, Mendenhall was removed from last week's game because he didn't know the daggone offensive play calls, so it looks like Moore (a one down back at best) is gonna be our ball carrier. We are gonna have to go to the draft this year to get a new RB I am thinking. Plus Limas Sweed is dropping balls so I am just not sure about this one. Good thing the San Diego D is hurting a bit or it would be a slaughter. So much for going back to the superbowl this year. We will be lucky to make the playoffs!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2009, 05:54:33 AM »
Well my losing chiefs face the Giants today and will most likely get there butts handed to them. I understand that we
Traded Thigpin to Miami?

That Packer vs Viking game will be awesome and the wife and I will be glued to the tv for that one. " I have no doubt she will be hollarin at the tv again"

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2009, 10:56:48 AM »
I'm watching the Bears play the Lions right now, and I'm getting my blood pressure up because it's freakin' tied!  It's the damn LIONS for Christ's sake!  The Bears better figure their D out REAL damn quick, or this could be embarrassing!

Vikes vs Pack.  I am definitely going to be interested in this one.  Can Favre lead the Vikings to victory?   I really think GB is far more talented at WR, and I'm giving the edge to Rodgers at QB, but Minnesota's run game is far superior.  I'm not sure about GB's D though, so it could be a VERY close game.  I'll definitely be into this one.

Steelers are really making me wonder, but in the end, they always seem to pull it out.  Mendenhall is supposed to get the start again this week, so we'll see, but yes, their run game needs major work.  Still the Chargers are a pretty solid team.

I really want to watch the Jets/Saints game today.  I hope I get it in my market.  Looks to be a decent game!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2009, 02:36:41 PM »
Well, Detroit didn't stay tied for long. That was some high scoring game. I watched the NE vs. Balt. game and boy did NE get away with a close one. If the WR Clayton hadn't dropped a sure catch the whole game would have been different. I am telling you, Baltimore looks very strong. Matter of fact the AFC North looked pretty tough today. Cincy pulled out an overtime win. It was nice to see the Browns show some life.

We will see how Mendenhall does this evening. I hope Tomlin cans his butt if he deosn't run the plays right Geesh. I guess Moore will have to be the lone back again. I wanna see how Wallace does this evening. He did pretty good last week. Limas Sweed drops one ball I bet he gets benched too.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2009, 04:16:47 PM »
Can anyone tell me where I can buy an O line?    As a part owner of the Green Bay Packers, I want some new talent ;)   unfortuantly my stock doesn't come with voting rights equaling a hill of beans.   All I can say is they better shape up or Rodgers will not last the season.   Pathetic showing on Monday night

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2009, 05:06:06 PM »
If you can find a few O linemen pick my Steelers up a few too. Ben is not gonna last two more games if he keeps getting hit the way he is. They did a bit better last game, but that wasn't saying much at all. I must say Rodgers made some awesome throws last night.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2009, 09:00:47 AM »
Yep, Rodgers was doing well. If they could just protect him.
Man, JA was just hot on those sacks. The Cheifs should have never let him go. He was hot his last year there and was kind of quiet last year but now, you hotta get rid of that ball quick because he is coming on through.

The wife is still sore about the Packer's loss.

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2009, 07:05:54 PM »
I live outside Buffalo...  the local team is an absolute embarrassment.   I mean the Bills SUCK.  good god, can they just forfeit the season now?  "fire Dick" is THE catchphrase here.  how about this instead?  FIRE THE OWNER, MANAGER, COACH, AND TEAM.

not that they've been good in the last 15 years but cripes, half the Bills fans I talk to are starting to root against them now.  I just lampoon them every chance I get. 

who the hell would have ever expected the Broncos to be where they are though?  I'm damn impressed, they're kicking ass with the miracle last minute/last few seconds plays.   Other than those butt ass ugly brown and yellow uniforms they wore last week, they're doing something really right or else some cosmic being are being Denver fans now.   (seriously, those uniforms are far more ridiculous than some of the worst college football teams)

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2009, 09:34:12 AM »
Another big game today for us Packer Fans,   The Vikes and Favre are in town,  I am sure once again most fans are tired of teh Favre saga but this hopefully will be one heck of a game. I will be glued to the TV.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2009, 01:00:03 PM »
I will be too as I have the Packers D on my fantasy team. I sure hope they give it to Favre today! So far my team ain't doing squat. My Steelers have a bye week this week so I get to watch some other teams which is nice. That Denver/Baltimore game is pretty fierce.