Author Topic: NFL 2009  (Read 17220 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: NFL 2009
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2009, 04:42:30 PM »
Well, I am waiting for the Denver / Bears game and am watching NFL Total Access and just got through watching my Steeler's coverage. I was sad to see we had injuries to Parker, Holmes, and Timmons. Still, the first team offense looked good. Hines Ward looked like he hasn't missed a step. Heath looked good. Defense looked good. Gonna be a fun season.

How are the rest of your favorite teams doing?

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2009, 05:10:28 PM »
The Packers are rolling, the starters put up 38 on Arizona's starters on Friday night. Rodgers looks superb, Favre who???   ;D   The new 3 4 D is really on fire. Woodson had 3 turnovers forced alone. All in All I have very high hopes this season, last years dismal D looks to be dead and gone, well see come the regular season but now they look good.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2009, 07:00:55 PM »
Watching the Bears/Broncos right now, and I realize it's only preseason, but I still have my reservations about the Bears passing game.  Cutler is top notch, but it's the receivers that are the question for me...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2009, 04:48:02 AM »
I thought Cutler did a bang up job last night. I think if they get him a couple of good recievers (Marshall anyone?) that Chicago will be tough to beat!

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2009, 07:31:06 PM »
Football has officially begun!  I'm watching the Steelers/Titans game, and already I'm annoyed with the officiating.  Polomalu got flagged 3 times, but only 1 was blatant.  The other 2 were not penalties in my opinion.  It's just great to have football to watch again!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2009, 03:16:09 PM »
Yepper, that one where they called him for pass interference when he was being messed with was pretty awful. I was sure sad to see him go down, but at least it wasn't a season ending injury. I guess it will be three to six weeks before we see him back. I must say I was kinda drowsy today, but it was worth it to see me get a win. I was pretty ticked at Hines for a bit there. Oh well, we won. Looks like the O line still has some issues though.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2009, 05:34:03 PM »
One thing I did notice and it is only my opinion is that big Ben needs to better manage a game and learn when to throw it away, he took the Steelers out of FG range, took a few to many sacks by holding on way too long, if he gets quicker at reads it would certainaly help another SB run.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2009, 08:33:22 PM »
Yepper ole Ben did take that one sack where he should have just thrown the ball away, he and the O line sure have given me a few grey hairs.  I keep hoping a few more years in the league will give him the experience he needs, but his double and triple pump fakes with a line like he has make me wonder just how good a backup QB we have.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2009, 07:21:05 AM »
I can't tell you how excited I am for todays games, the opening weekend. WHOO HOOO,       I know teh season "started" Thursday but no wall the pre games, the  9 hours of games  ;D.    Plus I have my Packers opening up at home against Da Bears..   

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2009, 07:49:07 AM »
Well my Chiefs play the ravens at noon and last I heard, the still hadn't announced who the starting qb was to be. "sigh"

The wifey and I will be watching the Packers though.
Poor cat hates it when the wife hollars at the tv.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2009, 09:29:35 AM »
It was a good Sunday. It was nice to see the Lions score some points even though Breeze put up some major points on em. All in all a good Sunday. I thought the Chiefs held thier own against Baltimore pretty good. I watched the first half of that defensive onslaught that was Chicago and Green Bay. Looks like Urlacher was hurt? Guess we get to see Brady tonight. I would love to see Rivers take on the Raiders, but way past my bedtime really.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2009, 09:53:50 AM »
Well how in the world did Buffalo loose? I guess it is Brady. That San Diego team I thought would kill Oakland too, but perhaps Oakland has some team this year. Gonna be a fun week 2!

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2009, 01:07:34 PM »
So far so Good for the Packers, they squeeked one out against the Bears, close, sure but a win is a win. Looks like the season is done for Urlacker, wrist surgey has to suck, one I wouldn't want to have done. Hopefully the Pack will get the O line sorted, and fast. We don't have any QB really other than Rodgers, only 1 back on one the roster  Matt Flynn. Scarry. 

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2009, 01:25:24 PM »
that was a tough game, buddy, but a good one. The wife was Yelling at the TV the whole time.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2009, 07:18:04 AM »
Another Sunday is upon us,  I tell you, I feel like a kid at Christmas on Sundays during football season,  The air around here is filled with expectations, It's a nice fall day and I would be tempted to head to see the game live if my brother wasn't home. I think I will be going to the next home game after this. I am biased but Lambeau is the best place to see a game. The same field for 50 years, the basic bowl and playing field have not changed. It just oozes history.