Author Topic: military ground vehicle  (Read 38597 times)

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
Re: military ground vehicle
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2009, 06:34:46 PM »
:       )
This is my jaw dropping... awesome man.. awesome!

This is going to be a cool man, I can't wait to see more!!

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2009, 08:16:25 PM »
clint,

in the world of scratch built customizing... even hair curlers are not safe!

I'll have to admit I've used stranger things in my spud gunning days trying to find celindrical object to shoot out of my cannons.... 

Man that shuttle is coming together AMAZINGLY.  And guys, this is only half of it! he let me sneak peek a few shots of what he has in store for it and let me tell you it's just simply awe-inspiring!

I can't wait for the total reveal!

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2009, 11:43:58 PM »
LS that coming alone nicely mate. i wish i could find styrene here in Australia  :-\ i am loving the control panels, awesome mate!!

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2009, 04:31:24 AM »
Thanks guys and CC I said it was styrene but the chair is made from old computer disk divider pieces I robbed from a storage bin. You will see the bin in a few weeks and what I will use it for. The seats in the back are plexiglass that I robbed from a broken poster picture frame. It was a bit hard to cut as it wanted to crack on me but I made it work. Remember I am cheap and half the fun is finding junk I already have laying around the house to bring this to life.

Hair curlers indeed Clint, and the paint is dry so I have a few pics for you.

this is some of the wires I was working on, and the worst looking part so far. I am not happy with the way this came out so I may re do it with different materials. It is too hard to keep the wires straight and I just don't think it would look like this in a SW ship. Comment on this area please...

This I am happy with. I am thinking about adding some plating to the sides so there will be more details to weather and to make it look more SWish. Do you guys think I should or not? Would love to hear some design feedback/ideas where to go from here.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2009, 04:32:51 AM »
hair curlers they look more like marital aids....
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2009, 04:40:18 AM »
and... i see they are ribbed for extra pleasure   ;D could this be ...the shuttle of luuuuurve...
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2009, 04:41:17 AM »
For the wires, you could make a small conduit run or some brackets to hold the wire straight out of small lengths of straight wire bent into u shapes drilled or glued onto the inner bulkhead.

I used to do this with fabricated fuel lines on my model cars.

The curlers turned out good with
Some paint on em. I can imagine the added plating you had mentioned.

You have done some great work to this piece so far.

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2009, 07:29:46 AM »
This is coming along great. I think for the additional details you want on the outside you have to look to who the ship belongs to.

Is it a "Grand Army of the Republic" or Imperial combat ship? If so, then armor plates work. If it's a civie ship than those plates may not be in prestine condition so to speak.

I would say that the outside is too smooth and detail would look great there, but I would not go too overboard.

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2009, 08:23:30 AM »
sten hunter it can't be a civi-ship, that's part of the rules of the contest.... ;)

IDK about the curler engines buddy.  I can't picture it on what you showed me eirlier.... 
as for extra armor plating, definately add some.  IT'd look great!

can't wait to see it finished.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2009, 10:09:46 AM »
I put your shuttle on the front page, L.E.
  that control panel still astounds me. I do love those little details.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2009, 10:31:57 AM »
THE  SHIP OF LOVE INDEED. I was thinking the same thing but was trying to go for a slim engine look and this is how it came out using some Hulk bubble bath tubes. Thanks for the input and ideas as now I would like more. I did some mock ups today at lunch to help with several decisions I have to make. I want this thing to be more than a toy I want it to look like something that really works. I have had behind the scenes discussions with Jules and SpuddaFett as I wanted some input and didn't want to show all the elements of this to everyone just yet. Today I decided to forget that and show everything so I can get more ideas from others to make this project come together a little better. I don't want to over do it either. The idea is this will be a supply tank with the shuttle attached to the trax with magnets so it can fly away when needed. The seats are removable so it can bring all supplies or a crew as well.

Guns on the top...

or guns on side and top?

I am thinking about adding more containers and things down the side behind the shuttle engines. If you have seen the truck in Hangarbays thread I want it to look more like that now. Although I love the simple look of the first picture...input please?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2009, 10:53:27 AM »
Could this WIp get any better? The treads man, I like the treads! The idea of being able to detach from the tread chassis is genious, L.E.! that container could be extended a bit closer to the shuttle but I do like it.
  When mounted to the tread assembly, I almost like it better without the engine nacelles on it. Can you take a shot with the two smaller guns on top while its on the tread carrier?

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2009, 12:30:07 PM »
Sure here are a few more mock ups.

This is a vague representation of one idea I had with the storage bins.

so what do you think?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2009, 12:35:27 PM »
I like, I like.  I think I do like the twin guns better on the top. Something about that area inbetween the shuttle makes me think there needs to be a handrail on each side just across the gap or better yet, that and a handrail mounted weapon of some kind. Not a hugecannon, just something like a 50 cal in size. That gun that comes with the new Nikto figure would be perfict. I like the idea of the extra stowage on the side. Details are what I like, especially on a military vehicle. did you ever see the model tank pics I posted over in my non star wars customs thread?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 12:39:00 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2009, 12:49:10 PM »
Thanks for more insight Clint. I agree about the hand rail. The shuttle has to be that far away from the storage container so the back door can open. At that distance it has to be a 2 piece door half opening to the bottom and half opening to the top. So you can exit thru the back door and stand on the platform or jump off for ground battle. I love the idea of a gun mounted on the hand rail. I think it also needs a small gun on the back of the container to take out infiltrators from behind.

I had not seen your non SW customs. Man that dio with the tank and jeep is Awesome man. I love the guy crouched down with the cigarette.