Author Topic: Sith_fire30 12/31/2012 ALIEN Update NOV 12! p21!!  (Read 50760 times)

Offline BL4CK5H33P

• Mandalorian Madman
  • Lieutenant
  • "Mandalorians wear the finest armor blood can buy"
I have been followin' Sith_fire30 for a few months now & I still cannot find words 2 Xpress my admiration for his level of skill... it is just inhuman & incomprehensible how GOOD these pieces are... AMAZIN'... (BL4CK5H33P picks jaw up off the floor) - I poured over every page hopin' 2 see some of his Bladerunner work, yet, 2 no avail... it is 1 of my fav sci-fi movies ever & Ridley Scott is my all-time fav director... I hope sith_fire30 may consider steppin' away from the sci-fi arena, & possibly try his had @ some historical figs - like Knights Templar/Crusades style from Kingdom of Heaven (another Ridley Scott film)...???
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 09:17:38 AM by BL4CK5H33P »
Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know. Live & die on this day. How we die is equal to how we live. Once more into the breach, my friends, once more, or we close the walls up with our dead...

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
What type of figures do you usually work with to make the skeletons before adding the sculpt? Also how do you know when to stop sanding the figures to get the right frame? I know me I would do too much sanding.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
brutally beautiful work! Beyond comparison.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
It was great to see Dayton on the Customizing Panel too. Check out his video section on the front page.

Speaking of videos, Dayton was kind enough to video and send us some footage of Frank Diorio's Workshop so we could fp that too. Thanks Dayton.

Offline sith_fire30

• Lieutenant
    • Sith_fire30 Creations
Re: Sith_fire30 Creations -Sith_fire30 10/1/2012 ALIEN / PROMETHEUS & MORE! p17
« Reply #259 on: October 02, 2012, 08:11:38 PM »
http://sithfire.blogspot.com/

Back from the dead...

It's been quite a long time but I have posted a lengthy update on the 1:18 scale sculpt work I have been doing over the past several months.

Work that includes updates to my ALIEN 1979 project -

1:18 Prometheus

1:18 Blade Runner

1:18 The Dark Knight Rises

and much more....

Hope you can take a moment and look in on my progress - comments, suggestions are always welcome!

http://sithfire.blogspot.com/

I'm also available on Facebook! - on.fb.me/iTlxyD

Thanks!

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
Re: Sith_fire30 10/1/2012 ALIEN / PROMETHEUS and MORE! p18!
« Reply #260 on: October 03, 2012, 03:23:48 AM »
Dayton.  This is your best work so far.  The ALIEN inspiration really brought some magic out.  You always have the magic, but lately the flood gates have been blown wide open!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #261 on: October 03, 2012, 04:37:26 AM »
Dayton, my comments are on the front page.

It is easy to see why I count you among the best customizers in the world. Thank you for sharing you work with us.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #262 on: October 03, 2012, 04:49:24 AM »
Good grief that is one stellar update! It took me 2 sessions to take it all in! Mind blowing work Dayton. The level of detail in all of these pieces of art is off the charts!

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #263 on: October 03, 2012, 07:00:27 AM »
This is amazing !!!!! There are no words that can even come close to doing this Awesome post justice !! Blade runner is one of my favorite movies and you captured Roy"s face to a tee. The Alien/Prometheus line is is beautiful .  Tanks for sharing and being an inspiration .... All the best Art

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
« Reply #264 on: October 03, 2012, 08:57:57 AM »
Wow.  Just...wow.

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #265 on: October 03, 2012, 10:27:23 AM »
Seriously stunning figures, your presentation is also highly polished. You cetainly take things to a completely different level, the detailing on the Promethious Engineer is quite simply the work of a master craftsman.

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #266 on: October 03, 2012, 04:28:34 PM »
AMAZING! Got Fix-It today! Been working! Your stuff is really inspiring! I asked you some questions on flickr! Remember??? Thanks it really helpe! I will notify you when i post some progress cause i really want you to judge it!
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline YakFace

• Commander
« Reply #267 on: October 03, 2012, 05:57:25 PM »
Your work is so amazing, I love the attention to detail I cant believe your not in the toy industry. Beautiful artwork and when are you going to start selling some of your stuff?

Offline ShamanLogRay

• Colonel
  • Greetings from the UK! :)
« Reply #268 on: October 04, 2012, 12:15:30 PM »
Your figures are all insanely good! WOW! I love the presentation & photography to, this is more art than customising! I seriously hope this is how you make a living, rather than just a hobby! :)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 02:50:08 AM by ShamanLogRay »

Offline sith_fire30

• Lieutenant
    • Sith_fire30 Creations
Re: Sith_fire30 12/23/2012 ALIEN NOSTROMO DIORAMA UPDATE p.18!
« Reply #269 on: December 23, 2012, 06:49:32 PM »
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!  

First, my apologies for not posting on a more regular basis....between my 9-5, family, home and the attention I give to this crazy hobby, facebook has spoiled me when it comes to my instant updates using my iPhone - I get so into my work, I let my postings fall behind...I'll try to be a good boy in 2013!

Below are some test shots of my progress at building a 1:18 scale diroama of the Nostromo (ALIEN 1979) - More percisely, building Deck A of the Nostromo which consists of the following (eventually): Bridge, Galley, MOTHER, Auto Doc (Medical), Air Lock, Ash Obervation station, Hypersleep chamber along with all the corridors that connect the various stations. I intend to build these pieces to be sectional (modular) and simulate what you would have if these pieces were made to be sold as playsets on the store shelves (which would be VERY cool).

It's always important to do test shots of your dio work to be sure you are heading in the right direction - sometimes the camera lens will reveal mistakes your eye can't catch.

The following shots are ONLY being shared on ISY!! The figures of Ripley, Ash and Dallas are all work in progress and are not finalized :)

The remianer of these test shots are posted on my FB page and on my FLICKR photostream...

Hope you all enjoy and thanks for all the comments and suggestions! More updates to come! Working on more Star Wars related work by the way - expect some updates for new projects to come soon!

As far as Star Wars dios go - finished the spec work on Vaders Meditation Chamber (ESB) and will begin the build next week!!!

Everyone have a safe and happy holiday!!! Hope Santa is good to you!

Dayton
sith_fire30

« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 06:51:45 PM by sith_fire30 »