Author Topic: Why are figures about $11 a piece now?  (Read 1365 times)

Offline dax415

• Lieutenant
Why are figures about $11 a piece now?
« on: July 06, 2013, 07:38:32 PM »
I've noticed some of the new figures are simply repackaged figures.....but why are they $11 a piece now?  I know the obvious answer is greed, but I was wondering if the toys are owned by Disney as well.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
Re: Why are figures about $11 a piece now?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 11:07:21 PM »
You got it.

Disney has no real influence per say (They get approvals I am sure just as Lucas did, but I doubt they get into things too deeply as they tend to let the properties go as long as they are doing well, Look at Marvel Movies for instance, Disney is completely out of that one letting Marvel do it's own thing).

It's all Hasbro, been that way for the past 4 years or longer (Long before Disney was in the picture).  Prices have been climbing steadily with lame excuse after lame excuse (Oil prices, Shipping costs, Some guy slipped on a banana peel in front of the Pawtucket office, ect). 

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 05:40:15 AM »
If I hear another cost of tooling excuse I think I will loose it. I used to be one of each till I saw em hit ten bucks a figure.I remember the five and six dollars days of ROTS. I don't think we will ever see that again. I want to know how everything can go up in price, but yet my wage never seems to?

Offline dax415

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 06:23:33 PM »
with those prices I can only buy a few figures, I think its ridiculous that the price of a action figure be that high.  I'm hoping there is a big revolt among collectors like the new xbox fiasco.  it took a lot of pissed off gamers to get Microsoft to lift the idiotic changes it made.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 06:25:57 PM »
Well the good news is that the license is up for grabs in 2018 and if Hasbro is gonna keep it they only have a few years to get it right or we get a new company to make our figures. Right now my choice is NECA.

Offline dax415

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 06:39:52 PM »
oh, what is NECA?  I wouldn't mind if the company that puts out microman figures take over, the articulation would be off the charts.  The customs that have been down with them are pretty impressive.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 06:57:31 PM »
Check out our online stores section and hit Entertainment Earth. They are making a series of seven inch Aliens Figures now that feature over 30 points of articulation. I am doubting that our 6inch Black Line is gonna have us as good for the price truth be told.

Offline dax415

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 07:29:22 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Tamer, I definitely like ALIENS

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2013, 04:30:31 AM »
$11? Good to know you guys finally catch up to us Europeans!  ;)