Author Topic: Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2  (Read 1027 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2
« on: October 16, 2009, 09:54:27 PM »
For those of you who haven't played this yet, do so!  It's a lot of fun!  Some great characters to use (Hulk and Juggernaut are BRUTAL killers!) and some new characters like Iron Fist (Modeled and designed by my brother in law Nick for Vicarious Visions!) and Songbird bring some added excitement.  Unlike the last one, the stronger your characters become, the harder the bosses are!  And there are a TON of bosses!  Based on the Civil War storyline, it starts off before the War erupts, joining all for some good old fashioned ass kickin, and then splits into the Pro-Registration and Anti-Registration forces.  You have to choose a side, and that decision alters the characters you are able to use, closing off ones from the other side, and actually makes 2 games out of the one!  I'm about 2/3 way through so far, and I'm addicted! 

As usual, the Fantastic 4 are my least favorite.  I just feel they're weak.  Jean Grey starts off as weak, but her powers are pretty strong.  Wolverine is a proven killer, and Iron Fist is a great melee fighter.  Hulk has some of the most devastating moves in the game, hands down.  Juggernaut is unlockable if you preordered the game from GameStop, and he's awesome to use as well.  There is so much potential for so many characters, but I couldn't begin to fathom the headache involved with trying to incorporate more characters to use than the 23 available.  However, you see a great many of the characters you wish you could play in the game, as either an ally or an enemy.  Definitely worth picking up to play.  It's good for at LEAST 2 full play throughs!