Author Topic: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2  (Read 9890 times)

droidbait

Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2010, 12:37:56 AM »
wow that bad eh?

Offline FlakBait

• Lieutenant
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2010, 01:28:32 AM »
Try to flash bang them or side step real quick and knife them. I always try to bounce a gernade off the wall at an angle to try to get behind them. It only work a few times but thats only because I knew they were in there

Offline betobuster

• Cadet
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2010, 08:42:43 PM »
The Riot Shield is one of the many, many things that make the online play suck so much. They allow people to survive your grenades and bullets. To kill them, you have to get around them, which is impossible since they'll turn with you, or have a teammate get behind them. Since this isn't a team game, this is also impossible to do. They just run at you and corner you and beat the hell out of you with it. If you want to piss people off, use the Riot Shield. If you want to piss people off to the extent where they ragequit, break the disc, and throw their Xbox out the window, gather an entire team and have everyone ONLY use a riot sheild.

It's not that powerful.  I've used it and gotten killed plenty of times.  I've also killed people with riot shields. Heck, I once even killed one from the front with my knife.  Don't ask me how.  With the shield on, they cannot shoot, so I cook grenades and throw them in front (so their back will face it if they proceed forward) or over them.  You can use your m203 (grenade launcher) to hit a wall or the ground to the side of them.  Most explosives will not work with a direct hit most of the time, but I believe a semtex might (if stuck onto them, and an rpg should as well. I believe I've done both).  You don't need to get completely around them so much as just off to the side to  get them in the leg or arm.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

Offline James T. Kirk

• Banned
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2010, 10:13:37 PM »
It's not the worst problem in the game, but it's still a problem. I still stand by what I said, because it isn't a team game. If I try to noobtube somebody with a riot shield, an enemy will spawn behind me and knife me. Happens every time. And you can't get assistance from your teammates because most of the time they're busy being dumbasses and camping. Bad Company 2 all the way. Fun modern military action, without all the crap. And by crap, I mean glitches, mods, killstreaks, overpowered weapons, thermal scope, assault rifle snipers, shotgun snipers, no teamwork, no vehicles, camping, perks, terrible maps, HORRIFIC spawning.......the list goes on.

And please, don't let my posts affect your decision to buy the game. I hate this game with a passion, and will say negative things about it all the time. Mostly because there aren't any positive things to say about it. I guess the only positive thing about the entire game, is the stunning visuals in the singleplayer.

Offline clones are awesome

• Commander
  • fear! fear attracts the fearful fear is my aly.
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2010, 08:25:41 PM »
I just powned so bad some noob kept on trying to knife me but he was like on the other side of the room. ;D >:D

Offline James T. Kirk

• Banned
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2010, 04:24:23 PM »
I just powned so bad some noob kept on trying to knife me but he was like on the other side of the room. ;D >:D

So, he was on the other side of the room and was knifing at you? I bet you went 0-26 that game. Let me guess, you kept spawning right in front of him, and he knifed you from 20 feet away every time using Tactical Knife, Marathon Pro, Lightweight Pro, and Commando Pro. That's pretty much how 90% of the games on Modern Warfare 2 are. Also, forget what I said about not listening to what I say about this game. Everything I've said about this game is true, and Infinity ward and Activision don't need more money. I'm hoping that more and more people will stop playing this horrible game. Hopefulyy that would encourage those idiot companies to stop making crap games and stealing money from people.

droidbait

« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2010, 03:28:37 PM »
i finally got this game last week

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2010, 04:52:30 PM »
WOW, JTK, tell us how you REALLY feel! LOL!  Actually, I played a match or two with you last weekend!  I happened to join in a match with you in Afghan. 

I can't TELL you how bad I suck at this game.  I just can't aim quick enough.  I don't know how some of these guys do it.  I probably spend as much time watching killcams as I do trying to get into a decent position!  Still, I enjoy when I can hook up with a couple of friends and play as a team.  Otherwise, a Team Deathmatch is REALLY just a Free-For-All:  There is no strategy.

I DID catch some punk bastards cheating the other day.  I was in the Terminal, running by the sunglass shop on the way to the plane, when I got shot.  I turned back, and only saw one of my own teammates in there.  Suddenly I was dead from being shot again.  I watched the killcam replay of it, and someone on the opposite team was hiding behind one of my teammates and shot me from behind him.  And the guy he was hiding behind on my team was active, because I followed him around a bit too.

There IS rampant cheating and other crap in these games for sure. It's a lot more balanced and fun during a weekday than a weekend night. 

Offline James T. Kirk

• Banned
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2010, 02:38:35 PM »
Ya, there's always people using glitches or mods. The real problem though is that Infinity Ward lacks the ability to make an adequete multiplayer experience that is balanced. The guns are overpowered, and the snipers have too much sway. Killstreaks are overpowered, perks are overpowered, maps encourage camping.
Hey Phatty, create a class with this setup:

Primary: Any assault rifle with a grenade launcher attachment.
Secondary: none
Equipment: Claymore
Special grenade: Any
Perk 1: One Man Army (It'll replace your secondary)
Perk 2: Danger Close
Perk 3: Any
Death Streak: Any

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2010, 03:43:44 PM »
Actually, the major complaint I DO have is that I wish when you tried to join a game, it would put you in a group with similarly ranked individuals, unless you are joining a game with friends.  It sucks to play with people who have Prestiged 3 times already and have all of the unlocked items when you're a lowly level 20 with only some things unlocked.   I don't see a problem with rewarding those who have been playing a long time and have earned their ranks and weapons, it just sucks to go after them with a pea shooter when they're wearing bulletproof camo!  As for your suggestions, I'm a long ways off from a lot of those.  I'm only level 22!

Offline James T. Kirk

• Banned
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2010, 05:29:39 PM »
Oh, that sucks. Ya, it doesn't match up players very well. I also hate getting thrown into the middle of a game. I try to play a game, and when I join, it's almost over.

Anyway, that class I said to use, it's perfect. One Man Army is one of the many broken things in the game, and it refills your ammo. The park allows you to change your class whenever you want. So after you shoot two noobtubes and plant a claymore, use One Man Army to change your class, and choose the class that you're currently using, and repeat. It'll refill your ammo the entire match. Some people find spots on each map where they can shoot in the sky and rain grenades down on heavily populated areas of the map.

Offline FlakBait

• Lieutenant
« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2010, 09:21:31 PM »
If anyone still plays this and wants to play a few games. My Gamer tag is
xIRISHSKITZSOx. I dont play a whole alot so i'm at a lower level

Offline Squirepec7

• Clone Creator Extreme
  • Banned
  • Commodore
  • "All right clankers, SUCK LASER!"Clone Trooper Jek
    • JediMaster432
« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2010, 01:53:45 PM »
I just got an Xbox so I don't have live up yet but so far I really like multiplayer.
I play against my friends and my dad and so far I've reached 44 in about a week.
My main class is

Primary: M4 with ACOG Sight
Secondary: M93 Raffica
Equiptment: Throwing Knife
Special Grenade: Flashbang
Perk 1: Marathon Pro
Perk 2: Stopping Power Pro
Perk 3: Steady Aim Pro
Deathstreak: Martydrom

I've basically created a class for any situation or game and that one is my main class.
"Army or not, you must realize you are DOOMED!"

Offline Clonemaster

• Commander
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2011, 05:08:53 PM »
If anyone still plays this and wants to play a few games. My Gamer tag is
xIRISHSKITZSOx. I dont play a whole alot so i'm at a lower level
is it for ps3 or xbox.................................
- Jon