Author Topic: Fishing  (Read 25524 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Fishing
« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2010, 06:59:25 PM »
Just got back from our first fishing trip to truman lake. Total tally is 32 crappie and 1 large mouth bass or 40 to 50 lbs of fish as some of em were of good size. The biggest crappie was around 15 inches.

Here are some shots of friday's catch.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2010, 07:00:13 PM »
still just shots of fridays haul.

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2010, 07:57:51 PM »
nice catch Clint! last time i went fishing the only thing i caught was a cold and the ocean claimed my fold out chair as the wind took it over the pier,  it was in the family for 30+ years and lost about $25 worth of squid tackle,
lets just say that was the last time i ever went fishing, that was about 8 years ago.... pmsl

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline 501stAppo

• Commander
  • Adrenaline starts to flow!
    • 501stAppo on youtube
« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2010, 08:01:22 AM »
I used to fish loads aswell but that was in local areas on bream most of the time.
Loved to feel a 2kg one struggling to not get caught.
then we used to take pictures and carefully put 'm back in the water without harming them
good times, good times

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2010, 03:43:55 PM »
Clint, looks like that new fish finder is working pretty daggone good.  That is some catch. Mmmm...looks like some good eating there.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2010, 08:13:36 PM »
I ate some tonight. I still have the sat and sun fish pics to post.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #96 on: May 09, 2010, 04:36:50 PM »
missplaced those other pics but I filleted a couple of bags of those fish today and this steak came from that big 15 inch crappie.  Yum!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #97 on: May 10, 2010, 10:35:21 AM »
Looks good to me. Looks like we all better get used to freshwater fish as seafood is gonna take a major price hike because of the oil spill.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2010, 12:31:23 PM »
I had a blast this past weekend going to a fishing derby with my little girl. She caught so many fish she got a tackle box. Great thing was she caught three nice trout and I grilled those puppies up over a real fire in an oven bag with some vidala onions and butter and they were finger licking good!

On another fishing note, I am going on a fishing trip from Saturday till Wednesday of next week. I hope to catch my first striper and fill this place up with pics!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #99 on: July 18, 2010, 06:20:36 PM »
Comon, Shawn, lets see those pics............

I went to the lake this weekend and thought I was going to get skunked. Thursday, it took hours to get three legal crappie, fri- nothing, sat- nothing, sunday, I invited my new girlfriend and her boy to go fishing with me and I was afraid it was going to be a bust and..............we caught 16 crappie and 3 bass this morning.
  Funny thing about one of the bass, I had started in an open area and wasnt having much luck so I left a pole there with a minnow and bobber for about 30 min. I had moved to another area of the dock with the other two and was pulling smaller but legal crappie out and heard this slide-splash sound. I asked the girlfriend what that was and she yellled that my other pole was in the water floating about 6 ft from the dock. I used a net of my stepdad's with a 7 ft pole to retrieve my fishing pole and when I started to reel it in, this whopper bass was on.

He ended up being 19 1/2 inches long and weighed in between 4 1/2 and 5 lbs. I carved him up when I got home and got some nice steaks out of him. Heck, this guy could make a meal for two or three people.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #100 on: July 18, 2010, 06:32:53 PM »
Wow, that is some story there Clint. You are lucky you got your pole back, let alone with the fish on it.

Any fishing pics I put up in my blog. I should have put em up here I guess.

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2010, 09:47:51 AM »
i quite like fishing ... except theres only lil sticklebacks

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #102 on: May 23, 2011, 12:37:06 PM »
Well me and my gals went to a fishing derby over the weekend. My little gal limited out in two hours and won second place in her age group. Yepper, she knows her way around the end of a fishing pole. I must also admit, and I am sorry if I gross anyone out, that she was elbow deep into the entrails when I was cleaning them for dinner later.

I grilled them with all in aluminum foil and dabbed em with butter, red and white onions, old bay and lemon pepper the later very generously. They came out spectacular. Served with a baked potatoe on the side it was a great dinner.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #103 on: May 23, 2011, 03:51:18 PM »
No wonder she is grinning, buddy, that trout is half as long as she is.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #104 on: May 23, 2011, 03:59:17 PM »
No wonder she is grinning, buddy, that trout is half as long as she is.

She caught five and that was one of the smaller ones. I was pretty proud of her. I really didn't have to help her much and she can cast a full size fishing pole. I bought her a purple zebco 33 for her derby.