Imperial Entertainment TV and Movies > Star Wars Movies

original theatrical version.

<< < (3/3)

JDeck:
   I watched the Ewok adventure made for tv movie caravan of courage, for the first time in many many years. I thought I would hate it before seeing it. The last time I saw it I had a much different  perspective on movies than I do nowadays.  It's a great little story about two lost children Mace and Cindel, who's parents were captured by the giant Gorax. With a caravan of Ewoks they seek to save their parents. The original air date was November 25 1984. The movie is supposedly set sometime between Star Wars and ROTJ. Its more of a fairy tale than the Science fiction/ fantasy genre of Star Wars. A lot of magic, which could be a misinterpretation of the force perhaps. Yes the acting is terrible, and  the special effects aren't as great as ROTJ.  The fake spiders I thought were awesome when I was a kid look very fake, you can even see the fishing line they use to move it.  For a made for tv movie it wasn't  bad. If you  were a kid in the 80s or a big OT or ROTJ fan, I'd watch this movie as an adult, or watch it with you kids, its a classic story set in a Star Wars like frame. 

There's a lot of debate over whether or not Caravan of courage is canon.  I cant say its all canon, however it explains a lot of how the Ewoks were able to defeat the Empire in ROTJ. Originally the Gorax was to appear in ROTJ to explain that the Ewoks used traps set for the Gorax  against the AT-STs.  Also, like I said meybe all the magic was a misinterpretation of the force. Kaink wielded what I would describe as a kyber crystal that shoots energy beams at his enimies. I would say that having force sensitive Ewoks isn't a far stretch, they are down to earth and at one with nature.  So I would say the basic premise of the movie is canon, but not the details

Tamer:
I have that somewhere, I need to dig it out and watch it this Xmas season.

JDeck:
   I watched Ewok adventure Battle for endor yesterday. I  remember watching it a long time ago, but I couldnt remember any details. I kind of like it better than Caravan, but it has more magic and Wilford Brimley is constantly yelling,  other than that it was a neat movie. I found myself laughing at some of the stupid jokes. Wicket is pretty badass, he fights a dragon and commands an army of ewoks to fight those reptilian marauders. But he speaks english throughout most of the movie, that's kind of dumb, but at least you know what he's saying. I thought it was crazy how they killed off that girl's entire family in the first ten minuets, that makes caravan kind of pointless.
    I watched it twice because the first time I fell asleep.  I heard they wanted this movie to resemble Heidi , I remember having to read it in 3rd grade, wasn't a real big fan.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version