Author Topic: Hangarbay94's Customs - V.I.N.C.E.N.T - The Black Hole....  (Read 92215 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hangarbay94's Customs - Custom Figure Update...
« Reply #675 on: August 10, 2011, 04:46:35 AM »
I thought that I had noticed a greater attention to detail in the facial painting of your figures, Jules. Well done indeed.

Offline RunDown

• Colonel
« Reply #676 on: August 11, 2011, 06:36:08 AM »
Hangarbay, you are indeed entering the realm of the sith.   (Sithfire30, that is).  To get faces of this scale that detailed takes a super steady hand.   Very    Nice    Work!
rd

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #677 on: August 11, 2011, 07:28:04 AM »
Hey, where did my post go? Daggone dial up!

I did post before, but Jules love the new paint work. Just flawless. Dayton is gonna love seeing this!

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #678 on: August 12, 2011, 01:36:21 AM »
Jules, you've achieved a higher level here, mate. The paint apps on the faces look superb, most notably the eyes. I've changed my approach to painting eyes myself as well, and it's refreshing, but most importantly much more rewarding. Ace used to look a lot like Luke (duh....) ;) ), but the new paints have totally transformed him. Great stuff, buddy!

On a side note: I finally managed to get one of those Wall-E Trucks for cheap (if you don't look at the s&h :lol: ). Your work on that vehicle is most impressive and I've always wanted to tackle one myself.

Offline 110clones

• IT'S A TRAP!!!
  • Commodore
  • IT'S A TRAP!!!
« Reply #679 on: August 13, 2011, 06:26:04 PM »
Wow !! Those faces look great !!! Cool stuff .

Offline darknsour

• Captain
« Reply #680 on: August 14, 2011, 03:59:02 AM »
Great work yet again!!!

Such great detail!!!

They look amazing!!!

Rich

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #681 on: December 05, 2011, 12:58:07 AM »
Hi everyone, it's been ages since I posted a new figure, but with all of the superb customs and customisers entering the scene I've been feeling a little insecure, the game has definately stepped up several paces.

As some of you may know I've been working on a joint web-comic with LSpry and Kessel Run and these guys are a couple of Long-haul Hyperspace Truckers from the Apocalypse era...

As the story goes, transport outside the core systems is beset with Danger, only the toughest of the tough venture outside the protection of the corporate security sectors. These so called 'free truckers' venture far into Wild Space delivering essential cargo to the scattered and desolate outposts. A vital lifeline to the dying embers of civilisation.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 05:16:14 AM by hangarbay94 »

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
Re: Hangarbay94's Customs - Custom Figure Update... Hyperspace Truckers...
« Reply #682 on: December 05, 2011, 09:20:11 AM »
Nice truckers.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #683 on: December 05, 2011, 10:45:37 AM »
Very cool work, Jules!  Very cool, indeed!  I can name (most of) the parts on fig 1 - body of "Apartment Jango," head from Tol Skorr (comic pack), jacket from an Endor Commando, random kama.  That second one?  Wow - got me... gun-belt from "Apt. Jango," head from a McQ Starkiller?  Jedi legs?  (it's the boots - Jedi get the cool boots, unless maybe they are from Tol Skorr) Neck-wrap from...?  Torso and arms - wow... I don't know!  Awesome stuffs!!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #684 on: December 05, 2011, 01:28:26 PM »
Your insecurities are completely unfounded, Jules, as your figures are some of the best out there.

Offline The Mandalorian

• Mando Lover
  • Lieutenant
  • The Best Mandalorian Ever
« Reply #685 on: December 05, 2011, 01:54:25 PM »
That first trucker makes me think of the Rubber Duck!  You ever heard that song or seen the movie?
Call me master, cause I'm faster on fire.  I no longer have to hotwire, I'm a hunter for hire wit no plans to retire and all the sucka MCs can call me sire!  Screw the Jedi and the Sith.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #686 on: December 05, 2011, 05:41:27 PM »
Oh, no no no ... Jules, if feeling inferior due to the influx of newcomers forces you to turn out figures like these, then BY ALL MEANS! please continue to feel inferior!  And eh, continue to share what you do to overcome this feeling.  ;D  That way we'll know if your fears are foundless...

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #687 on: December 05, 2011, 05:52:01 PM »
Oh, no no no ... Jules, if feeling inferior due to the influx of newcomers forces you to turn out figures like these, then BY ALL MEANS! please continue to feel inferior!  And eh, continue to share what you do to overcome this feeling.  ;D  That way we'll know if your fears are foundless...

I think I need to improve my blending techniques, so I'm going to be working on some new figures in the coming weeks to try and tweak and improve that particular area. Thanks everyone for all of your kind comments.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #688 on: December 05, 2011, 06:19:10 PM »
Jules, welcome back to customizing!  They look great, a nice mix of parts and an excellent blend of colors.  I think everything looks very well blended.

Offline YakFace

• Commander
« Reply #689 on: December 05, 2011, 07:00:55 PM »
So I think you got some nice figures here, I like that you repainted the faces because I think that really adds another level to your customs. I noticed that you want to work on "blending" your colors better, not sure exactly what you mean but I have a good technique for getting a nice transition of color. So an example would be for a flesh tone:
1. Start with a solid medium tone beige as a base coat
2. Dry brush a light biege skin tone over that.
3. Depending on what you want the figures skin to look like choose an apropriate color and use it as a "light" wash.
4. The wash should cause the skin color to appear uniform but you can add another light drybrush app to bring up and details that may have gotten lost.

Well I hope this makes sense because this is the technique I use and it never fails to create a nice blend of colors that look natural.