Author Topic: Live Action Show  (Read 3373 times)

Offline Schraith

• Ensign
Live Action Show
« on: November 04, 2009, 03:46:11 PM »
Is that live action TV show thats suppossed to be in 2010 still gonna happen?
Star Wars is not about the characters or plot...its about people settling their differences with ungodly amounts of hate and violence.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
Re: Live Action Show
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 03:58:13 PM »
Funny I was thinking the same thing,   I will have to do some digging and see if any news pops up.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 04:29:56 PM »
SCHRAITH!!!!  How the Hell are ya?  Missed you buddy!  Stop being a stranger now!  I've actually heard 2011 is more like it now.  That'll be 6 years after the last Star Wars movie...will there still be any real interest, other than us obsessed fans that is?  Will it draw a new fanbase?  Will new generations become the next to take up the collecting mantle?  Or will it be an epic failure, once again sending the Star Wars Universe into the Dark Times that were the 90s?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 05:07:19 PM »
Aren't they filming this in if I recall, Czechoslovokia if I spelled that right? and the casting is being done in Australia?

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 08:33:20 PM »
Is that live action TV show thats suppossed to be in 2010 still gonna happen?
last I heard on the net a few months back was that fall 2011 is more likely now

I dunno for sure, I don't have any idea what site I saw it at

Offline Schraith

• Ensign
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 03:17:39 PM »
I checked on Wiki, said its gonna be action oriented and pretty gritty which is cool coz im not into the kid frinedly clone wars stuff, and McCallum said that they might let characters spin off to do their own shows so one show could become 4 :)))

Thanks again for makin me feel welcome gang.
Star Wars is not about the characters or plot...its about people settling their differences with ungodly amounts of hate and violence.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 03:19:37 PM »
Shoot buddy, you're one of the originals!  been around since our first incarnation!  You're always welcome!

I'd just like to see the 1, let alone 4.  I sure hope they do this well...

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 02:03:56 PM »
I have also heard fall 2011, and I think it will still be in everyone's mind, especially the kids, because the kids that are watching the Clone Wars now will be older and more ready for something like this, Clone Wars is pretty popular still and I think it will run at least until the new series starts, and Star Wars is usually a good seller in anycase no matter what (just look at the Prequel Movies and how bad the flopped and how many people like them).

Offline clonetrooper360

• Commander
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 05:03:16 PM »
bump, no need for new topic since we have this one.

has anyone heard anything new? i think that the clone wars is distracting everyone and the live action is being forgotten by the lucas company
May the Force be with you !

Offline KesselRunImports

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 01:36:25 PM »
All I can find on it is from 8-5-10:

The live action TV show is kind of on hold because we have scripts, but we don’t know how to do them. They literally are Star Wars, only we’re going to have to try to do them at a tenth the cost. And it’s a huge challenge, a lot bigger than what we thought it was gonna be.

Offline clonetrooper360

• Commander
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 04:47:33 AM »
thnx for the info, i also did some searching and some actress that worked on episode 2 ( she played padmes proxy that died in the beggining of AOTC)  shes said a freind of hers was auditioning in australia for the series ??? lol well since there wasnt a source its probaly bs but its the latest i could find. Lucas has to undersstand that what we love in the OT is the lack and bad speacial effects but amazing storyline something that lacks in the prequels. i hope the series has bad special effect , well not bad like star trekk or battlestar galactica , but focus on the story telling . we dont need gigantic scenaries.
May the Force be with you !

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2011, 08:17:59 AM »
Sounds like ole George did an interview for Attack of the Show and dropped a few Live Action TV Show hints.

http://io9.com/5806117/no-george-lucas-does-not-have-50-hours-of-a-live+action-star-wars-tv-show-in-the-can