Author Topic: Derryl starts new Vintage Project  (Read 11500 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Derryl starts new Vintage Project
« on: June 07, 2019, 06:53:33 AM »

"Dear Friends,

We are excited to announce we've started a company named Blue Milk and are revealing our first collaboration - Star Wars: Vintage Collection Archive Edition.

Star Wars: Vintage Collection Archive Edition is a premium format book launching on Kickstarter, today. The book pays tribute to Hasbro's  epic The Vintage Collection toy line and includes details from the team that created it, accompanied by beautiful photography and layout.

https://kickstarter.com/projects/bluemilk/star-wars-the-vintage-collection-archive-edition-book

Our vision is to create something of tremendous value to the fanbase, as well as something that we would be proud to have in our own collections. We are excited by the vision and hope that this is just the start for us."

Oh yeah, spread the word folks. Having met Derryl myself several times trust me when I say that you will not meet a finer gentleman and ambassador for our hobby. He will deliver a product that is stellar folks so take it from the Tamer and back this!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Derryl starts new Vintage Project
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 05:02:36 AM »
It already has met its goal and then some.

It was awesome to message with Derryl a bit yesterday. Folks we can only hope he gets back full into the Star Wars Brand. He knows customizers and adamantly supports us.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 06:31:19 AM »
That's so very cool! I was offline for five days and heard of the news from a friend of mine! It's so awesome that Derryl DePriest conducts this project with Steve and two other fans! And they also provide international shipping! Probably because they make it through kickstarter.  I'll definitely get one of this book!
Thanks for spreading the word, Tamer!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 04:48:55 AM »
So I finally backed this book! I cannot believe there are only 3 DAYS left! Time flies...so I became a "signed book backer" for $75 plus $12 shipping within the U.S. - I'm gonna pick it up on my visit next year, then.

By now this kickstarter project of Derryl DePriest reached an amount of $169,000 - and I'm optimistic that we can still unlock the next funding goal of $175,000 to get these three coins on top!

Let's keep spreading the word and gather some more backers, please!

I know some collectors were not so happy about the price and the fact that it will be incomplete once it's published. Well, let's hope The Vintage Collection continues for some years with solid new products.
People buy all kinds of LEGO books, such as the LEGO Minifigure Archive book or book of all LEGO Star Wars sets and people still buy them over and over again. LEGO only gives them one exclusive minifigure. Now, Derryl gives us some more of the good extras.

Here's the link to get your very own TVC Archive Book:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bluemilk/star-wars-the-vintage-collection-archive-edition-book

- Philipp   

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 09:17:21 AM »
Hard to believe there is only three days left. Setting at $171,000. I can see those coins already!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2019, 03:24:24 AM »
Folks, even the 200k stretch goal has been reached now - and there are still 17 hours left to pre-order your exclusive copy of this book.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2019, 05:10:02 AM »
I agree, this one is gonna be fantastic. Just the stretch goals are awesome not to mention the overall book.

We can only hope they do a follow up version for when newer TVC Stuff gets made.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2019, 06:05:12 AM »
Yes, I’m very exited for this book, too! And I hope the stuff that’s yet to come in the Vintage Collection will fill another book!

The next question is: Which name are you going to use for the list of supporters? I thought of using my full name. Or maybe my nickname Darth More? Darth More’s Customs?
I'm not sure...

Tamer, what about you? Will you take “Tamer from Imperial Shipyards”?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2019, 07:22:06 AM »
Not sure yet, but will think on it. Most folks probably would know me as Tamer from ISY rather than my given name.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2019, 11:13:53 PM »
When I checked my e-mail this morning I discovered that I finally received the confirmation and PledgeManager message from Blue Milk yesterday at 4:57 pm EST.
So I completed my order by choosing the name to appear in the list of backers (decided to take my full name), setting a shipping address and I even ordered a second copy of the book with all the extra goodies for $60 and another $12 for shipping - lovely! 

I can recommend to you to carefully check the list of upgrades. This will be the last chance for you to get more extras of this excellent project!

- Philipp
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 11:17:37 PM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2019, 09:06:56 AM »
Yepper, just posted the update on the front pages. I got me email and did the final check out. Contemplated doing the full back to get that set of gold coins, but another 100 bucks or so just for gold coins wasn't worth it imo so I stuck with my first backing. Still, it was nice to see that I can even get back in and change things should I want too before they ship in a few months.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2019, 02:33:06 AM »
Yes, I saw update #16 this morning, too! And I thought about sharing it on here, but I thought it’s a private video on YouTube and only visible for backers. Anyway - great update! I’m very excited for this!

The pictures of update #15 also bring back some good memories. The “Three Worlds” might give away what we will see in the future, too! I doubt Hasbro will give us a new Red V...they’ll just repack the X-Wing from 2011 and that’s it. I love The Repack Collection!

Some people are actually selling their SOTDS X-Wings on ebay now before nobody wants them anymore...

That Hoth AT-ST would be a repack I’d love to see though! And of course an updates for Bib Fortuna and Lobot! And so many more...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 02:48:13 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2019, 02:48:45 AM »
I just put the video from this last update on the front page. It looks like the book is gonna weigh over 4 lbs!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral